Vintage Trials Riding

IMRiz

PR Member
Well I've finally entered into the Vintage Trials arena. Fun Fun Fun is all I can say. I have found hours of thrills just in my immediate backyard, in which I have made a bunch of varying challenging trials loops. Haven't even attempted them yet on the Husky, but my new (vintage) Yamaha TY250, it's a blast. My question is are there more vintage trials riders out there that want to maybe start a weekly practice schedule? or get togethers? Let me know, I'm willing to host a few times at my place in Valley City.

Here is the new/old bike.

Attachments

• P1050826.jpg
    P1050826.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 334
I'll tell you one thing I've learned, just cause i'm going slow on a vintage bike doesn't mean I can't get hurt. I've been body slammed a bunch of times already, bad part is the bike never stalls and that wheel keeps crankin' no matter what. so as soon as the hand slips off the clutch lever, they bike tractors along and takes out whatever is in its way, and drags me along behind before I get slammed to the ground like a rag doll. But it's fun, don't ask me why, i'm a biker.

check out this new Ossa. To me, it looks vintage style (cause it has a seat I guess) and only 163 pounds, heck you could put it in your back pack!

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2012-OSSA-EXPLORER-106059039

Here's a good demo video of the fun one can have:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oRPEK7KLrLM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome bike, bring it over when it drys up a bit and you can run the Riz A, B and C loops, actually honestly B and C loops. I've never been able to make my A loop yet, still workin' on the off camber, slippery up hill over the big rock trail. Really fun stuff! I've made a decent handful of good vintage trials riding trails. Good practice for any riding from road raging to endurocross. Also, if you are really thinking of it, you could ride the BSA Reliability Run dual sport in the morning and the vintage trials in the afternoon at the BSA rally in May and August in Toronto, Ohio. I'll be there!

That sounds like fun. I'll have to consider that if the DS won't wear me out too much! Been polishing on it more and tightening, adjusting, lubing, etc.

The first sign of decent weather!!!! I'd say March, April. It's not the cold, its the mud. A lot of the sections are off camber drop-offs. Fun when it's dry, impossible when it's wet. At least at my skill level.

JColley, that bike is sweet. I think a somewhat rare piece too. Classic. You'd be the man on vintage trials day at the BSA rally. I'm going to have to talk you into going this year. Here's a link to the Ohio Valley BSA club's site. The Dual Sport is called the "Reliability Run" and the vintage trials takes place in the afternoon on Saturday of the two rally's.

http://www.ohiovalleybsaownersclub..../18-about-the-reliability-run-dual-sport-ride

I will see about dragging out my brother's RL250. I sold mine to build a Penton 250. Trials is fun but I had to decide between disciplines (my wife wanted to park in the garage)

JColley, that bike is sweet. I think a somewhat rare piece too. Classic. You'd be the man on vintage trials day at the BSA rally. I'm going to have to talk you into going this year. Here's a link to the Ohio Valley BSA club's site. The Dual Sport is called the "Reliability Run" and the vintage trials takes place in the afternoon on Saturday of the two rally's.

http://www.ohiovalleybsaownersclub..../18-about-the-reliability-run-dual-sport-ride

Just looked at it. Would be fun, but is the same weekend as the AMA vintage national at Log Road, which I wanted to do. Found myself owning a '82 CR480 that was all rebuilt and anxious to ride it. I know this is a trials area, but selling this TM400 this weekend: IM000742.JPG

WOW!....that's a good looking TM!
.....not that I would get within 100 ft of that beast...

In person that bike feels light and doesn't look at all intimidating. Other than the silencer. That thing is a nasty wound waiting to happen...

Rode a TM 250 once.....had a light-switch for a powerband.
Bog-Bog-Bog........Bang!~ <O:p</O:p
time for a new rear fender.<O:p</O:p
<O:p<O:p</O:p

The '73 Yamaha SC500 I had made my TM400 riding buddies feel sorry for me . It had a bigger hit and even more side hop that there was NO recovering from . Man I loved that bike !

I have some buds who have vintage Cotas and Sherpa T's but I think they are sticking to modern trials this year .

WOW!....that's a good looking TM!
.....not that I would get within 100 ft of that beast...

Haha, yeah they need flywheel weights at a minimum. Buyer is driving up from Texas this weekend to get it. Says the day after the Houston SX his local track, Rio Bravo, has an open ride day and DeCoster is always there. He's gonna get him to sign the number plate. Something tells me Roger won't want to ride it though!

Well the Trials bike came out of the basement over the weekend. Rode the Riz-Loop a few times before coming into the house to watch Rossi smoke from seventh to second, then back for another loop. So who's got a trials bike and wants to ride?

Back