best local XC for 1st timer.

hondarjw

PR Member
I'm sure this has been asked a 100 times, but I'm not scrolling through to find answer. On my list of things to do is run a XC to see if I like it in 2013. So, any suggestions for one that is fun and challenging. I've heard big games is good, any thoughts?

I agree on Big Valley. Fun but not too difficult. I like Big Game, but they have a lot of challenging hillclimbs that some beginners can be very uncomfortable with.

What do you consider "local"? You have no location in your profile.

Clearfork ski resort. I raced the HS they held in June I believe. The trails are fresh and the course was pretty easy as far as HS goes, real fun event.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate the info. I should clarify as novice, I dont mean novice rider, just never raced a harescramble. My location is NE Ohio, I dont mind traveling up to 2-3 hrs away if its worth it. I'll admit my ignorance by asking what a GP is?

The southern Ohio GP was started by Drew Wolfe at one of his former tracks ( where Fast Traxx now runs GP's). It's a 45 min to about an hour long race that is part small jump motocross track, grass track fields and woods sections (that are open enough to run without bark busters). The races are scheduled in sessions throughout the day and you can just show up before one and race or race multiple sessions. Check the Action Sports or Fast Traxx websites for the schedules and classes.

There are eight AMA and district 11 sanctioned Hare Scrambles in Southeastern Ohio around Athens, Logan and Chillicothe for 2013.

Back