A snowy WR250R winter ride

I haven't ridden my 250 since November when I raced it. I tried the 640 on my last day of work, the road were sheet ice but it made it fun. They managed to clean them off by the time I left :(

I haven't ridden my 250 since November when I raced it. I tried the 640 on my last day of work, the road were sheet ice but it made it fun. They managed to clean them off by the time I left :(

Hey Michael, the last time I was out for any length was way back in October for the Baby Burr. :( I was having withdrawals big time...lol

Hey Michael, the last time I was out for any length was way back in October for the Baby Burr. :( I was having withdrawals big time...lol

I've been so busy, I haven't had time. Hoping to hit a few indoor tracks in the next month

I noticed in the video you have your gopro mounted to the front of your helmet do you need a special mounting piece from gopro and does that work well when mounted there?

This was actually the first time I tried mounting it there. It took some extra links and some careful planning of the sticky mount to get it to work but I think I like it there better than on top or on the visor. I would hit it on limbs with it mounted higher. :(

I thought I stole that idea from you Indy, or someone. I made a plate that attaches to my visor to get a good flat surface. Pending the helmet I have to have the visor at full lift so I can see under the camera. When I added the battery backpack for more time, it made it a bit heavy. Also, without the battery backpack, you can see the light to tell if it is on or not.

I'm with Indy, I like it there better, especially riding in the woods where it is less likely to get torn off

I am trying to figure out the configuration that you used with the extra pieces I have that came with the camera and I dont have the right pieces to make it work.

Did you buy the gopro side mount accessory ?
|

I am trying to figure out the configuration that you used with the extra pieces I have that came with the camera and I dont have the right pieces to make it work.

Did you buy the gopro side mount accessory ?
|

Well since I have 4 gopro's I pieced together parts to make it work. I'll take some pictures for you and post them on here so you can see the parts I used. ;) I think they sell a grab bag of parts that might work for you.

THAT camera, I thought you were looking for the one you were going to mount on the visor!

I need to see y ours so I can see how I can modify mine. I am thinking about cutting the visor and pushing the mount through or finding a way to get the case closer to the visor

2013-01-08%252017.32.33.jpg
2013-01-08%252017.32.54.jpg
2013-01-08%252017.33.19.jpg
2013-01-08%252017.33.39.jpg
2013-01-08%252017.34.56.jpg
2013-01-08%252017.35.45.jpg
2013-01-08%252017.35.55.jpg

Thanks for the pics I am a couple pieces short of being able to duplicate that configuration so I rigged something with what pieces I do have. If it does not work then I will buy some more pieces and copy what you did.

Back