1. Dismiss Notice

What Does Motocross and Golf have in Common?

Discussion in 'Riding Tips' started by Gary_Semics, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Gary_Semics

Gary_Semics PR Member

2. loneranger171

loneranger171 PR Addict

What they have in common is I suck at both.... except I can drink when I golf.... lol

3. John250

John250 PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    The one thing I think they have in common.......I have played some awesome courses, but yet when I play, I sit there and imagine how that piece of land would make an awesome outdoor MX track!

4. GeorgiePorgie

GeorgiePorgie PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    Ricky Fowler

5. BriarcliffMx

BriarcliffMx PR Founding Father

They both take balls???

6. John250

Racing Number:
    The way I play golf too, it takes lots of balls!

7. Gary_Semics

Gary_Semics PR Member

You can learn a lot about mental concentration with golf. There's a saying in baseball: "Full mind, empty bat". I think the same goes for any sport. In motocross it's "Full mind poor results". In other words you have to clear the conscious mind and let the sub-conscious do what it's been trained to do.

8. Spagina

Spagina PR Elite

That makes sense. I have always felt that my biggest problem is over thinking things... If i can get my head clear, i ride good... sometimes it takes some music from terafirma to get me to just have fun and flow.

9. hershey

hershey PR Elite

Racing Number:
    Like Fro always likes to say, get into the "Flow" ... to me that is what clearing your mind of everything else and just riding the way you know how is.

10. Lotts24

Lotts24 PR Elite

Racing Number:
    How do you get your mind to shut off ?/?? lol

11. mx049

mx049 PR Elite

I also thought that at first but my daughter rode & raced for 10 years so threw it out the window.

How about golf takes smaller balls!!!

12. LoneWolfeMotoCast

LoneWolfeMotoCast PR Member

I look at a golf course and think of how id lay out a motocross track. On the same note id play better golf Tin Cup style with a baseball bat, shovel, rake and a hoe. I can't play golf with clubs to save my life anymore.

13. cbb brandon

cbb brandon PR Addict

talk all the crap u guys want, golfing is the gayest game ever invented, not a sport just a waist of time, straight excuse to get duink ive ever seen, if u ride dirtbikes your hardcore, then turn around and play a gay game of golf, come on now girls im rollin, well i guess everyone has to show there feminine side bitches.let the old lady bickering begin.lol

14. John250

Racing Number:
    Just guessing CBB Brandon drives a 4x4 older dodge truck with Stacks coming up through the bed, with steel balls hanging on the back of it! Definitely with the giant FOX sticker in the back window.

15. sturd

sturd PR Addict

Golf and bowling - the only two 'sports' that provide every participant
    with a drink holder and an ash tray. And even bowling doesn't do
    that anymore.

16. TBO

TBO PR Addict

Racing Number:
    Nailed it.

17. GeorgiePorgie

GeorgiePorgie PR Founding Father

Racing Number:
    Sometimes that just takes a mid race crash. Seems like you always get up and ride like you never did before after a crash....

Some of them clear your mind so well that the 7 hour drive you did the night before to the track turns into this "dream state" right Hershey?

18. mx049

mx049 PR Elite

I have never played golf but my brother in law did for business outings & says it a lot harder than it look so like most things it does take skill
    but personally every time I drive by a golf course vision an outdoor mx track so say add a starting gate to all of them!!!

19. hershey

hershey PR Elite

Racing Number:
    Actually I think he has a dropped S10

20. Vargo671

Vargo671 PR Addict

Not sure if you are real or fake, but if real I think you are straight up assinine.