2013 honda crf450r gas in oil

10.2 hrs on bike. Crankcase filled with gas. Any fixes to the cause of this problem? First payment was not even due yet.

Tons of threads on this on thumper talk and other forums. My 2010 doesn't fill the crank case but some gas definitely makes it's way down there. I'd call Honda Powersports directly and express your concerns and see if they have any solution.

Are you draining the gas runoff plug?

My '11 did this too. My workaround was to just change the oil more often than I wanted to. I did a lot of research and Honda basically said it was normal for "some" gas to end up there but it never felt right to me.

Yeah the ~3 hour oil changes I do are lame but I'm sure as hell not waiting 10 hours or whatever the manual states. My oil feels very thinned out even after 3 hours. Transmission side comes out looking just like it did when I put it in (lol). Engine side looks diluted.

Are you draining the gas runoff plug?

My '11 did this too. My workaround was to just change the oil more often than I wanted to. I did a lot of research and Honda basically said it was normal for "some" gas to end up there but it never felt right to me.

Is this gas runoff plug a serious thing or r u busting our chops? I got an 09 never noticed it doing that tho???

It's officially called the Crankcase Breather I guess. After 2 motos this thing would fill up with all kinds of nasty fluids.

Capture.jpg

I've had it happen twice on my 2012, and once on my 2013. I have read everything I can find on it including Honda's official statement which said up to 15% oil capacity could be made up of gas. ha, no thanks. Basically the fuel injector nozzle does not seat all the way closed when you shut off the bike sometimes and the gas bleeds off the pressure thru the nozzle into the intake valves and down the cylinder into the crank. It can only happen when the bike is off other wise the gas would be burnt. I don't think it is happening just on the Hondas, but it is more noticeable because the Hondas low oil volume and separate engine oil from the transmission. Anyways, I don't know what causes it just that it can happen. I don't start my bike without checking the oil for the first ride of the day.

When I read that back I figured I would get some smart ass comment, and what do you know. Haha thanks Hershey.

So...if you alway put your bike at TDC after riding and the bike was going to sit you really should have this problem then right?

Isn't there an aftermarket 2 way breather cap to allow it drain itself ? 2 smoke carbs dump gas everywhere.

Shut up dumbass. A 2 way breather would be an open hose......

Im sure you meant a one way valve that would let the oil/fuel crap out and not let dirt and water in. Geez stay out of this section unless your asking the questions. And while your at it stay away from tools also!

Shut up dumbass. A 2 way breather would be an open hose......

Im sure you meant a one way valve that would let the oil/fuel crap out and not let dirt and water in. Geez stay out of this section unless your asking the questions. And while your at it stay away from tools also!

bahahahahahahahahahah

10.2 hrs on bike. Crankcase filled with gas. Any fixes to the cause of this problem? First payment was not even due yet.

I wouldnt worry too much about it. I bought my 09 crf 450 off Brian Gonser. He warned me of the issue. Motor was completely rebuilt and still does it. I would just check it regularly and change the oil often. I rode and raced it all year and had no problems. Best of luck.

Back