Wellsville Trails

JB_519

PR Addict
Anyone here ride the Wellsville off-road park / trails ? I would like to check it out soon but I have concerns sharing trails with buggies and full size trucks .... Any feedback would be appreciated , thanks !

Its an awesome place to ride. Its definitely not a riding park, just a lot of land that everyone rides on. My family has been riding there for over 40 years at least. typical trail rules, stay on the right, don't shoot over something unless you know whats on the other side, don't stop and talk to people that look like they were in Deliverance. Mostly good people, but you never know. Some of the best riding in the country, according to Dirt Rider magazine. Don't worry about other vehicles unless you are down there on a holiday, there are plenty of trails to keep you from anyone else.

Thanks for the feedback ! I looked at a couple websites and was a little worried , not so much now.

Lots of conflicting info on their forum about where to go, park, etc. We've always talked about going but I never felt confident enough to load up and try it out =/ Don't wanna get towed or ticketed.

Sounds like this time of year camping areas close and the "free zone " is the place to park .

i personally know too many drunk idiots driving around their jeeps, trackers, razrs, etc to make me never want to be there in anything without doors on it!

took my truck there a couple of times, loved the looks i got doing that.. lol. had to at least a couple times. wont do it again though.

Been going for years never had any issues yet. Recently discovered some single track trails being made (these are not accessible for 4 x 4 s or even quads).

I was there about a month ago. Only new problem is that you used be able to park very close to the road near some railroad tracks. The area is now blocked off and I had to drive much farther back to park.

"Free Zone" ive been parkin there for 10+ yrs. I honestly have never had an issue. Now i wouldnt go and leave a machine sittin alone unlocked outside or nething like that but no one has ever messed with my stuff. Remember when your ridin down there, if you dont think u can make it back up a hill..... maybe think twice about goin down it.

Funny story. Around 2000, Mikki and I went there with some friends one holiday weekend. The place we usually parked had a truck blocking the gate and a few guys collecting $5 per rider to park/ride/tresspass on their property. We paid thinking nothing of it. They must have made a killing with the number of riders there!

We went there some time later and stopped and talked to the owners of the property and they said it was just a couple of rednecks that saw an opportunity to make some cash because it wasn't them and we parked and rode for free.

Ahhhh the good ole days!

Funny story. Around 2000, Mikki and I went there with some friends one holiday weekend. The place we usually parked had a truck blocking the gate and a few guys collecting $5 per rider to park/ride/tresspass on their property. We paid thinking nothing of it. They must have made a killing with the number of riders there!

We went there some time later and stopped and talked to the owners of the property and they said it was just a couple of rednecks that saw an opportunity to make some cash because it wasn't them and we parked and rode for free.

Ahhhh the good ole days!

Haha I ran into that as well but not on a holiday weekend. Those were the good ole days my friend!

Wellsville is the greatest place on earth. Never go without an experienced trail guide, good times can turn to s**t real quick in the middle of nowhere. I had a campsite at oak tree for a couple years before they sold it. Crazy times! The last year before they sold it was insane. Burn campers everywhere, things getting stolen, meth heads runnin wild. No rules whatsoever. Forbiddin zone was the village for a few years. Luckily I didn't renew my site this year. I heard the guy running the place took the money and ran. You can still park at forbiddin but good luck getting there as the road is pretty washed out. And I also hear people are parking at oak tree again. I wouldn't just because of how easy it is for the locals to drive in there and rob you. Best single track Ive ever riddin hands down, if you like punishment haa haa!

Id like to go down there with someone who goes all the time and knows the trails. I personally dont go enough and it seems like i dont know where the good trails are. I always end up on the big known and rode trails.

Back