Motocross Lampshade

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Cabin fever doesn't apply to just us racers. My mother who been supporting our sport since I started racing in 1997, came out to watch me race Summit Indoors and being back around the track after many months must have sparked this new project.

She called me Wednesday morning the week after the race to tell me she had something "different" for me to come see.

After 30+ years experiece doing custom-work, restores, and launching "Lampshade Restoration" in 2012 I was sure that I had seen something like this one before. With the warmer weather yesterday and some time to kill before Indy SX, I decided to get the dog out of the house and go see what all this hype was about.

Now mind you my mother shop has tons of lampshades, completed, working, or waiting on the next opening. But, one shade instantly caught my eye as I have worn this in many moto's.

I am very proud of her for taking the step into small buisness world and still working a full-time job while running a fully operational shop. She works extremely hard at what she does and never treats any lampshade as if she were not going to display it in the front window of her home.

A lampshade may not be something us racers would tag as "sick" or "gnarly"... but we may have an exception.

I encourage you to check out her website and spread the word. Thanks for taking to the time to read my post.
http://www.lampshaderestoration.com/

MotocrossLampshade2.jpgMotocrossLampshade.jpgMotocrossLampshade1.jpg

The only downfall to the amazing piece.... I said thanks and asked to take it home, when she told me its going up as a display piece..... good thing I got my own key :)

Back