Action Sports Grand Prix May 4

ActionSports

PR Addict
We hope everyone is as excited as we are for Sunday's GP at the Action Sports Moto Park. The forecast shows no more rain for the rest of the week, shaping up for a great day of racing on Sunday.

Gates will open at 9:00 A.M. admission $10 per person. Military Vets get in the gate and race for free with current Military I.D. Get there early to avoid the lines. Sign up is $30 for the first class, $15 for each additional class. 50cc and Mini ATV registration is $15. The Mini ATV course will be longer than previous years. Every rider must have a transponder. Transponders will be available at sign up for $10 and are good for as long as they remain intact. If you have a 2013 Action Sports transponder, you don't need to purchase another one. There will be NO AMA or District membership needed.

This year the Pro Bike classes will be classified as Pro 1 and Pro 2. There is no engine size limit for the pro classes. For all other class information and race times go to the Grand Prix page at ActionSportsRacing.com.

Make sure you Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX or you can join our mailing list for the latest racing news, as well as tag us on Instagram @actionsportsracing with your race photos from the Action Sports Moto Park.

For more info about Action Sports Grand Prix, as well as all other events at the Action Sports Moto Park, go towww.ActionSportsRacing.com.

See you at the races!

Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

Worked all day to get my chores done so we can go GP racing tomorrow.

I rode MX practice and some woods riding locally last weekend. First ride since early November.

I have to say, that as much as I do enjoy Vet class MX racing (on non-overly jumpy tracks), the Action Sports GP is at the top of my lists for a FUN DAY OF RACING. I'm not exactly sure that I would feel the same at all GP tracks, but it just seems that the Action Sports GP track has all of the right stuff. There are a few tight areas in the woods trails that would be nice if it were more roomy, but overall the track is fast, and wide, and I like that. No killer tree root filled hill climbs or stupid crick crossings, and plenty of straight sections that you can race your booty off, with a great blend of a manageable MX track mixed in. I'm 48 yrs old, and my 27 year old son, who is preparing for the GP tomorrow fully agrees as well.

See ya in Athens.

Another fun season opener at Action Sports. Pretty rough track today, but still fun.

Good to see Mike and family there today, friendly rivalry with his son. Good to see k01 there as well, getting a little time off from real life, and now in the golden masters class. See you guys at the next one.

Another fun season opener at Action Sports. Pretty rough track today, but still fun. Thanks Drew, Kyle, Ryan, and Caroline for another well ran, fun event.

Good to see Mike and family there today, friendly rivalry with his son. Looks like you'll be there with me in the 50+ soon. Good to see k01 there as well, getting a little time off from real life, and now in the golden masters class. See you guys at the next one.

Yea! What a great time.
Good to hook up again with all of you guys for some laughs, a little pit talk and some good hardy racing.
Also it was nice to be warmly welcomed back by Drew, Kyle, and the rest of the Action Sports crew as well as other fellow racers. Much appreciated!

I liked that they opened up the Vintage and PV class's in addition to Decade class. It really makes more sense and levels the racing field. It would be nice to see those class's grow for the Ohio vintage crowd.
From what I saw there was: 1978 YZ250, a mid 70's Husqvarna (unknownn cc), an early 70's Bultaco, and a sweet 93 CR500. Not bad!

Yesterday actually got me thinking that I need to build another 98 or 99 CR250 for Decade class to lighten the work load on my current bike. I get a bit of a thrill chasing down and passing another racer on a newer machine. Kinda cool.

We were reviewing the camcorder footage over pizza last night. 11:00 session, me getting the hole shot with my son hellhounding my tail around the first turn, and then besting him to the finish was perfect for the ongoing pursuit for bragging rights. YEA! :)

Later watching the start of the 3:00 session and my first turn crash. Initially I was thrilled to get a decent start and be in the front 3 to the corner, which as you guys know, the age class's are usually very competitive. It happened so fast, I thought that the guy just to the left of me, (slightly ahead) just got squirrelly and swept my front wheel and I went down, but after viewing the replay, and I got to see what all of you guys in the last row got to see, those guys on the inside of the turn all made contact and came to an abrupt stop, and I became a cusualty of being too close, running into them.
As disappointing as a crash is though, it's a thrill when your racers adrenaline kicks in and you pull the caution clips and start pushing your limits to make up for your loss. I think personal growth and improvement takes place there.

The track was bad ass!
It lacked nothing! There was dust, there was mud. There was hard pack, there was multi-line DEEP ruts. There was smooth finely tilled raceway stretch's and there were pounding accellerating and braking bumps that jarred every muscle. There was air to be had if you wanted it, and passing opportunities if you had the skills. ( I held one poor soul off for so long he finally had to cut the track to get around me, which was OK, he was in another class :) ).

Nancy summed up what makes Action Sports a perfect track. If she stands in just the right spot, a high point near the middle, she can watch and camcorder almost the whole race by staying put and simply rotating in a circle, as we enter and exit the track, in sort of a circular fashion. Very unique that way.

Looking forward to the Vintage races.

Last edited:
Looks like you'll be there with me in the 50+ soon. Good to see k01 there as well, getting a little time off from real life, and now in the golden masters class. See you guys at the next one.

I'm a little pumped, and a little concerned with going 50+ next year. 40+ boys are launched ahead of the 50+ class by a full minute, yet it's not long before I'm getting heat and then roosted by the elder racers, yourself included !
As I've heard it stated... Fast is Fast!

KO needs a Golden Masters challenger that can hang for the duration, swap leads and bang bars with. Anybody up to it?

KO needs a Golden Masters challenger that can hang for the duration, swap leads and bang bars with. Anybody up to it?

??? I'd say most of the guys riding in my class can negotiate a GP course faster than little old me. I'm busy just trying to keep up!

Back