Action Sports GP 4/16

k01

PR Elite
Sounds like it's still on.
494091.jpg

But it's use it or lose it...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...l_objid.10154060857733996&refid=17&__tn__=,;#

Going to be there as well, just wish COCR wasn't running the same day, would have preferred to go to both.

Great turnout here today. Perfect weather. Think people have been missing this place...

Another fun race at action sports, lot's of pitracer.com regulars there today. Everyone have fun at practice tomorrow, I'm afraid that I'm too spent after 2 sessions today, first time out for the season.

I swear this is the truth....
My family members are still vibrating with excitement and smiles from Saturdays racing. Not getting to race Action Sports in 2015, (any GP's in 2015, as far as that goes) really made us appreciate being back there.

Really good to see such a huge turnout. Also great seeing and talking to folks we haven't seen or raced with since last Action Sports GP.
For you Dano ........ We were pitted beside another Kentuckian that raced in the Golden Masters class. He was 72 years old and got in 6 laps and decent finish.

We were so busy while we were there it was difficult to get around to gab with friends, as I raced at 11:00, Anthony raced at 1:30, little Joshy raced at the 2:30 (2:50) session, and then I raced again at the 3:30 session. So we were hopping all day.

Man, what a blast.
More later, I gotta get working :eek:.

Joshy's 1st race: 50cc Oil Injected.

The only track that he's actually been on is Briarcliffs - Pee Wee track last year a couple of times. I had him out in the yard riding around the house two evenings last week. He hadn't been on the bike since last fall, but has grown a bit over the winter and gotten stronger and more confident with handling the bike.
He actually was the first off the line and hard on the throttle, but got to the turn and forgot where to go, turned right instead of left.(he had the holeshot and nobody to follow :D) Gathered it up and started charging. He didn't really shy away from the ruts or the mud holes, but he was a bit timid on the down hills, especially if there was mud and ruts at the bottom. As with all the little guys and gals, he fell over and needed help about twenty times, but he never cried and never wanted to quit. At one point, I could tell he was getting exhausted so I had him just sit there and catch his breath for a couple minutes. That made him feel better and reassured to him that it was ok.

IMG_8178.JPG

IMG_8230.JPG

IMG_8292.JPG

Back