1. Dismiss Notice

Have you noticed Ken Roczen keeping feet on pegs through corners?

Discussion in 'Riding Tips' started by Gary_Semics, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Gary_Semics

Gary_Semics PR Member

As you can see from these video clips that were taken from my 1992 Volume 1 DVD #2 (The Rider and M/C Become One" video, I have been teaching to ride corners with the feet on the pegs for a long time. But that was for a practice drills, not while actually racing. I have always paid close attention to all the top rider's techniques and added them to my training schools and DVDs as new techniques have evolved. Now I have Ken's new feet on pegs through corners skills to study and understand all the details so I can add them to my coaching. I love it, it's kind of like surfing through the corners. I already know it takes a lot of perfection with the brakes, clutch and throttle, maintaining the center of balance with body movement and of course, confidence!

john lilly and hershey like this.
  2. Mike

Mike PR Addict

Racing Number:
    I kept the race on my DVR, have watched the first 5 min a couple of times. It might be 2 or 3 of the best laps ever seen at that level. A bad start that could have been worse, and he was passing (good) guys at an amazing pace.

4DAIVI PAI2K5 likes this.
  3. 4DAIVI PAI2K5

4DAIVI PAI2K5 PR Member

Racing Number:
    I just built my little guy a balance board to help teach him better balance after we have been watching Ken do this more and more.