Have you noticed Ken Roczen keeping feet on pegs through corners?

Gary_Semics

PR Member
As you can see from these video clips that were taken from my 1992 Volume 1 DVD #2 (The Rider and M/C Become One" video, I have been teaching to ride corners with the feet on the pegs for a long time. But that was for a practice drills, not while actually racing. I have always paid close attention to all the top rider's techniques and added them to my training schools and DVDs as new techniques have evolved. Now I have Ken's new feet on pegs through corners skills to study and understand all the details so I can add them to my coaching. I love it, it's kind of like surfing through the corners. I already know it takes a lot of perfection with the brakes, clutch and throttle, maintaining the center of balance with body movement and of course, confidence!

I kept the race on my DVR, have watched the first 5 min a couple of times. It might be 2 or 3 of the best laps ever seen at that level. A bad start that could have been worse, and he was passing (good) guys at an amazing pace.

I just built my little guy a balance board to help teach him better balance after we have been watching Ken do this more and more.

Back