powder coating

mawilk6

PR Member
i live in strongsville and i am looking for someone to sand blast and powder cat my frame and some other parts off my quad

I'd call Creekside Offroad. I'm not a fan of PC myself, but what you DON"T want to do, is to let some Craigslist hillbilly do it in a home garage, supa dupa-ghettostar setup... I used some guy before that had a website that looked like he was doing PC-ing in an immaculate 10K square foot shop by engineers in lab coats. I went to the site, and the guy was working in his home garage with a garbage picked refrigerator and a BBQ grill burner in the bottom of it to bake the powder on with. My better judgement said not to have the guy do it, but he was a pretty nice guy, and the work looked halfway decent at first. The cheap side of my brain won out.

When I was putting my bike together-- I couldn't get any of the screws into the frame w/o chasing the threads... and when I tightened motor mounts-- the powder coat just crunched and flaked right off. Absolute garbaggio! Once obviously wasn't enough for me. I got dunked again by some other hilbilly in Brunswick. His work was so crappy that the PC simply unravelled off a fork tube with just my fingers, like a grease pencil. Don't even ask me about the mis-adventures I've had with painters.

I'd hate to say it, but I've seen the best results with Duplicolor, or the custom mixed high quality spray paint in a can that you get at an auto body supply shop.

I apologize in advance for any loss of income, and/or hurt feelings that this post may cause in the event that one of the ghetto- stars happens upon this thread... hahaha! --Tony C.

1st class MX powdercoater in Mansfield

Joe Proctor 419-526-9490

sure he could help-not cheap but great durable work.

Ace powdecoating . Right on 241 real close to 77. Do good work at reasonable price. I think my rm125 frame was 150. That's sandblast an everything. They done alot of stuff for me. Never had the powder chip or flake off were you tighten bolts like everyone on here says happens

Creative Powder Coating
6412 Gateway Blvd S
Elyria, OH 44035

does really nice work and price is reasonable awesome colors names Mark Brown .....

+ 1 for creekside offroad.

i had a frame, rims, hubs, trppleclamps, and footpegs done by them in 05 and everything looked awesome! I dont have that bike anymore but i knew the guy who had it last and the stuff was still holding up last year and lookin great.

Back