Transponders for Regional Qualifiers?

cmoist

PR Member
I got an email today regarding transponders for the regional qualifiers:

You are receiving this email because you have entered a Loretta Lynn Regional Qualifier.

A new transponder is being used for the 2012 Regional Qualifiers. If you have an older WEER transponder from previous years, you will need to exchange it for a new Mylaps transponder before going to the event.

If you do not own a transponder, you may purchase one on the web or rent a transponder at the regional qualifier.

Please review the web page www.mxtransponder.com for more information.

If you have any questions, please call me or send an email.

So I was looking at renting a transponder online or at the track. The website states that if rented at the track, there is a $30 fee with $100 deposit. Is this consistent with what you've seen in the past? Seems having to pay $30 for a transponder in addition to the MX Sports registration fee, plus the actual race entry is a bit excessive, no? It's been a long time since I've been to a regional, so the transponder bit is new to me. The only time I've used a transponder was at High Point a long time ago and it was free.

Thanks for the clarification, Pit. Have you ever had a problem renting one at the track, or are they sure to have enough?

I didn't have any issue at the two Regionals I raced last year. High Point and Millville.

Rented them in Daytona. No big deal. It was not $30 bucks though, I think it was $20. If you have multiple bikes they will let you use the same one on all bikes, and charge you $5 for a harness that you get to keep.

Back