Briarcliff Photos from Sat 6/16 - OHIO ACTION PHOTO

ohioactionphoto

PR Addict
Here are a few from Briarcliff Saturday. I didn't shoot quite as much since I was making video for client, but there are still some good ones in there. Shark was owning the big tabletop as usual...

http://willisarts.zenfolio.com/p332228429

also, a quick reminder that you can search my database in the top right of the page. Search by entering rider number, month, or track name...

_1Shark_MG-1743.jpg
_866_MG-5677.jpg

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Thanks Jeff. There are a few more in this set that I’ll be grabbing from ya. Tell us more about the Vids you make…

J.O., have you ever looked into a Transponder pickup unit. A bunch of us have our Transponders now and it would be bitchen if we could see our lap times as we circulate the Cliff and such.. Don’t know how much or anything …..just asking…

ohioactionphoto

PR Addict
Thanks Marc! I am definitely trying to expand what I am doing for OHMX, so I am trying to offer some different things. It seems like every week there is someone new at the track putting up pictures for people. I consider what they are doing and what I do completely different. My education, experience and product reflects this. I am not trying to dis on them, but I feel that their free pictures are not of the caliber of mine (hence their free-ness). That is a matter of opinion I suppose though, so I don't need to start a big deal about that... Anyway, I am trying something new. Rather than going to the track and hoping someone will buy my pictures, from now on I am going to try to work with people individually that I know value my service (because they paid for it up front). By doing this I can focus on the people I need to shoot and deliver a higher quantity, and a more quality product to them. All that info should be in the flyer I gave you at the track. I hope this interests people. I plan to make another post on here with all that info to test the waters once I get my website updated to reflect the changes.

As far as video goes, I'll be offering small amounts of video with my packages. This is professional quality (HD) video, edited and optimized for different viewing environments. The one I was working on Saturday was for Logan Pfleiderer. It should end up being about 4 minutes long, set to music with motion graphics and all that jazz. This type of thing takes a little longer than one would expect, but as soon as I get all the filming done you'll see the promo version for that here for sure. I will still be going to track occasionally, but I hope this catches on. I am just trying to provide people high quality images in way that are fair to them too... Anyway, Thanks again for the compliment and interest. See you around soon I am sure!

ohioactionphoto

PR Addict
I am not familiar with the action photo at the nationals Mr Porgie, could you elaborate please? I heard about a guy that would go to quad nationals and sell packages in the pits prior to the race. People who bought would run a pink sticker on their bikes to help him know who to shoot. I am not trying to be that strict about it. I just want to know there is an interested party at a track before I go spend my whole day there. Once I am there I imagine I will continue to shoot everyone on the track to post later... Thanks for the reference.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Well he does what you say with the sticker, but has another free camera shooter. It covers all grounds. Allows the one photographer to get that personal touch that you're going for; while still catching the chance photo's with booth passerby's....

However you do it, i'm sure it will work out.

Also does videos and has a guy filming specific riders who want to be featured.

Woody

PR Addict
Nice work! I like your take on photo's, any more all we do is shoot for people who ask for pics, makes life easier.

As far as the people who sell pics at the quad nationals (racedaypix) well they don't seem to have the prespective to get a quality photo and are just snapping pics to sell. But if you take a look at the pics on ATVriders.com's facebook page, they know what's going on.