Bad start turns into a nightmare

John250

PR Founding Father
Second one kind of reminds me of a guy I know. He was totally dead serious, and was trying to tell me "how hard is it to race a dirt bike.......It cant be that hard to jump those jumps, the bike does all the work".........and this guy was TOTALLY serious. And usually a fairly intelligent guy, but I was shaking my head thinking, can you be that stupid?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Second one kind of reminds me of a guy I know. He was totally dead serious, and was trying to tell me "how hard is it to race a dirt bike.......It cant be that hard to jump those jumps, the bike does all the work".........and this guy was TOTALLY serious. And usually a fairly intelligent guy, but I was shaking my head thinking, can you be that stupid?

There's a guy I work with that is the same way. "Yea it might be like hard to ride, but it's not physically demanding...the bike does all the work." Numerous times i've offered that guy a bike to ride. Heck I even told him I'd pay for his practice, let him ride my 250 and I'll ride my brothers rm 85. And if he can do 5 laps in the time I can do 5, I'll pay him $100.

I never understood how people can say something is easy when they've never done it.

John250

PR Founding Father
Georgie, I have heard that one too. My own Mother-in-law (whose seen me race twice in over 20 years, and seen her grandson race once), says the exact same thing. That it does not take the physical conditioning of other sports. I guess she looks at me and thinks I am not much of an athlete or something. My in laws are total stick and ball sports people. Will not miss a football, basketball, or baseball game of my sons, but wont come to the track and watch him race. I would think that probably 80% of us Vets are in a little better shape than most of the people we work with. Wether you look like it or not, your ina bit better conditioning that others by riding.