daytona amateur SX

John250

PR Founding Father
MX Sports did a nice job redoing the track for the amateurs. Some fun doubles. Left the pro double at the end of the start straight. Tamed the face down a bit. The gator pits at daytona are tough always to get smooth through them, but only have one section with a couple. Ruts....ruts...ruts. you guys that like them.....they are here. I think I could also use sharcs new suspension for sure. Fun track..

Total of 949 riders. 49 heat races...LCQs and then the mains. Only got through 39 heats yesterday.

40+ total of like 46 riders in 40+ B/C. I got a 3rd place start. So that helped.....third lap hit a double out the corner and missed a shift. Almost went over bars but saved it. Rode OK. Dropped bike three turns from finish....I was spent. But I did qualify directly to the main...having not rode since September I am out of shape and had serious arm pump.

Matthew did not finish well on his 85. He's off to the LCQ. Heat in the 65 class still has to run this morning.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Awesome!......Good luck in the Main!
Get us some pic's!!
Sounds like a group of us may make it down........next year!

John250

PR Founding Father
Matthew robinson is in the 40+ main. Dan Jones is going to lCQ. Fast guys winner in my heat is from washington state talked to tim ferry some his son is in matthews 65 heat. He says he is just riding a little in Florida but concentrating on his son.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Total of 949 riders. 49 heat races...LCQs and then the mains. Only got through 39 heats yesterday.

40+ total of like 46 riders in 40+ B/C. I got a 3rd place start. So that helped.....third lap hit a double out the corner and missed a shift. Almost went over bars but saved it. Rode OK. Dropped bike three turns from finish....I was spent. But I did qualify directly to the main...having not rode since September I am out of shape and had serious arm pump.

949 riders, 49 heat races, and you entered not having rode since September. Can't say I could talk myself into that.

Good luck to you and your boy and be safe.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Thanks for the updates John! Good luck and have fun. I've already started recruiting "bucket listers" for next year.

John250

PR Founding Father
Matthew is in the main for the 65.

Yeah not riding since September makes it real tough towards the end of the race. Tough to hang on.

Lots of track time. Decent length practice yesterday. 6 lap heats and mains are 8 laps.

Its sunny and 75 degrees so that helps too since we had 6 inches of snow last Tuesda

Saw jeff Stanton yesterday also. Not sure if it was his kid or someone else's on a Suzuki
85 he was helping yesterday.

John250

PR Founding Father
In main lined up on the gate right next to matt robinson, another D 11 guy from columbus. We both got good starts. Top 7 or 8 for sure. Three corners into the race and three doubles.... things went bad. Track and double went left out of corner. Jack ass on a KTM next to me comes out of corner and jumps right....right into me sending me into the tough blocks and bike upside down and me on the ground. I was pissed. Got up and got 23rd. Not sure but like 3 guys had DNF, wife said a couple pulled off. This is two years in a row that I've been taken put on the first lap at daytona by someone else very frustrating but I suppose that's racing. I told the guy "thanks" after the race. Ruined my day.

Matthew had some fast guys in his class. Finished 24th. He did not ride all that well in the sand though. But he had fun.

Long days. Back to the condo last night at about 7 pm. Back tonight at 8 pm. Started practice both days at 7:30. Races ran well...just a lot of people and they did not get all the heats completed on Saturday this
Year so that made Monday much longer than last year.

On with the rest of bike week now. Thought about going to pax track on Thursday, bit think I might pass on it.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Some of these people are just killing it. Racing Millcreek last week, Then Daytona this weekend, and Im sure they will be at Oak Hill come tomorrow. They are so lucky, I wish my bills were more about getting to the track and racing, rather then paying for gas, electric, and cable. lol.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Some of those guys have auto debit set up to all their bills from an endless account and never worry about anything except for if they swiped over the daily ATM cash limit.

531stonewall

PR Member
image.jpgMario testa 927 250b