Crow OMA Cancelled. Rescheduled June 9th

sellards18

PR Addict
Due to the weather and the fact this is the only MX Event of the year, we feel it is better to reschedule our race of the moto revolution series until the 9th of next month. Practice will be open for trail riding Saturday and Sunday along with a scheduled practice open to everyone on Sunday. 10:00 open practice. 11:00 till 5:00 segment practice. I just left the track at 8:00 tonight and it is actually in really good shape for the amount of rain we've had. The problem is, we have so much mulch in piles, we will need tomorrow to spread them out without rushing to practice. That would leave us very little time for track prep Sunday morning if practice would start at 8:30, so 10:00 practice day is the best answer. Also, the fact we put so much time and money into the facility, Saturday practice would tear up everything we've rebuilt. The weather says rain till 9:00 am, then 30% chance after, so I want to wait till 12:00 Saturday to get it prepped for Sunday.

I know the dirt out here can handle all the water you can throw at it, but once its ripped, a simple rain shower would destroy it! We just don't need to take the chance. So it is on like Donkey Kong for practice on Sunday. I will be out there tearing it up with everyone! This will also give us a great idea of how it flows, what needs redone, and answer any other questions that pop up. This way, June 8th and 9th will be over the top! I hope you all understand and I promise I will let you know tomorrow how perfect it will be on Sunday. I'll even post pics, so DO NOT MISS IT! Thanks, Brock

Woody

PR Addict
Wow, Hopefully next year Crow will join up with tracks like AMS who cancel over a little bit of adversity. If it's good enough to practice on Sunday it's good enough to race. Especially after all this big talk about how it will be ready. Really disappointing.

Cody Wolford

PR Member
I agree with woody ^^
if its good enough to practice the. Freaking cancel Saturday practice to preserve the track and race Sunday!!

hershey

PR Elite
I agree with woody ^^
if its good enough to practice the. Freaking cancel Saturday practice to preserve the track and race Sunday!!

Sat practice for trails only it says. But I do agree about the cancellation being disappointing. I was pumped for this weekends race.

nitrofish

PR Addict
I guess I don't get it either. If you can practice, you can race. Everything does not have to be perfect.

sellards18

PR Addict
I'm super bummed! Jason Rodgers was there yesterday and was worried all the dirt we moved would absorb to much water and it might ruin the place. It was calling for rain for 12 more hours after that and we never got any! It rained a ton yesterday so everyone was freaked out including me. Since he has put on events and I haven't, I respect his advice and it made perfect sense. If we only have one shot why risk it, even though I'm confident it will be awesome, when we have a fall back date reserved for this. Now the club gets three days to hold a public event instead of one. I know it's easy to just look at the race and say race but the club also has to generate money from practice to pay for all the money they sank into the place. I'm looking out of the big picture window not the peep hole. The race has nothing to do with the club so being the promoter of the race and the president of the MX club this is the best outcome. Trust me I wanna race but I'm in this for the long haul and I'm one of the least selfish person you will ever meet. I fought so hard to put an event at crows and I need everyone to be open minded and just support me Sunday. And prove to you being able to ride Sunday would just tease the crap out of you to wait till next year to ride it again. Now you have three opportunities. If it don't rain any today I may even let the guys that show up, ride this evening once I get the mulch spread. Then rip it Sunday morning and let loose. Thanks for the support and understanding I consider everyone a friend and thanks for your thoughts and comments. I will keep all posted all day on track. Brock

kirb

Noob
I think it's a good decision man. Been busting butt getting the kids bike redone so we could go but, why destroy what you have built? Let the dirt settle a little so the track will be better in the long run... Sper excited to see it in person. Looks great in pics!

Bobd168

PR Member
Everyone's frustration with the cancellation and confusion concerning the practice is understandable. Crow Canyon and Brock have invested thousands of dollars in rebuilding their track. Check the pictures; they cut up nearly 100% of the old Crow track. Without some time for the fresh changes to settle in, a huge rainfall would destroy the track. I agree that cancelling sticks, but they want to offer the best product to the racers.

JB_519

PR Addict
Classic case of damned if you do , damned if you don't . I appreciate that the OMA wants to make each event second to none. Sounds like a amazing effort was put forth to make it epic . It stinks , but it could be worse. My take , go practice and spend some time with mom afterwards , win / win in my book!

MalvernMX

Just got home from Crow, Zack and I got down there yesterday about 4 pm to start putting up banners. Nice all day then the monsoon seemed to follow us in. Sorry hope we didn't bring it with us. Brock's Dad Kenny was still on the dozer reworking the finish line jump. The rain chased him away and kept us hiding in the motor home for the next 3.5 hours watching rivers of mulch wash across the track, until the crow guys had a meeting to decide what to do.

Although the decision made may not be popular with all (they never are) I definitely feel they made the right decision. Had almost every jump on the track not been just rebuilt my opinion may be different.

For those who are questioning the idea that it may be ok to practice but not race. My main concern is for the safety of every racer that lines up. There is just too big of a question mark as to what all these new jumps are going to do with this amount of intense rain. Yes I know this is a dangerous sport, BELIEVE ME I KNOW. That doesn't mean we should just throw caution to the wind and just see what happens. There needs to be well thought out decisions made.

I don't think anyone navigates a track the same way or makes the same decisions under race conditions as they do for just practice, I know I don't. Potentialy detiorating kickered jump faces and soft landings are a recipe for lots of ambulance runs. Now this is all in theory because there hasn't been any bikes on the track. Theses things may not even occur but if they do EVERYONE is better off for it to do so under practice conditions.

Mosher

PR Founding Father
Just got home from Crow, Zack and I got down there yesterday about 4 pm to start putting up banners. Nice all day then the monsoon seemed to follow us in. Sorry hope we didn't bring it with us. Brock's Dad Kenny was still on the dozer reworking the finish line jump. The rain chased him away and kept us hiding in the motor home for the next 3.5 hours watching rivers of mulch wash across the track, until the crow guys had a meeting to decide what to do.

Although the decision made may not be popular with all (they never are) I definitely feel they made the right decision. Had almost every jump on the track not been just rebuilt my opinion may be different.

For those who are questioning the idea that it may be ok to practice but not race. My main concern is for the safety of every racer that lines up. There is just too big of a question mark as to what all these new jumps are going to do with this amount of intense rain. Yes I know this is a dangerous sport, BELIEVE ME I KNOW. That doesn't mean we should just throw caution to the wind and just see what happens. There needs to be well thought out decisions made.

I don't think anyone navigates a track the same way or makes the same decisions under race conditions as they do for just practice, I know I don't. Potentialy detiorating kickered jump faces and soft landings are a recipe for lots of ambulance runs. Now this is all in theory because there hasn't been any bikes on the track. Theses things may not even occur but if they do EVERYONE is better off for it to do so under practice conditions.

I understand and hope to make it out tomorrow for some seat time out there before June 9th. I definitely believe in being cautious with a completely revamped track. Even tracks that haven't changed would have conditional risks based on this time of the year and the moisture/firmness of the surfaces, faces, etc.