Question for promoters about practice before the races

six6seven

PR Member
As a former "C" class goon, I would like to ask a good question to the promoters with all this hype about the OMA and other race talk going on. Now I havent been to an OMA race so I'm unsure of the practice order, but pretty much every race I've been to they've ran the C class practice first. I mean usually (at least the tracks I've raced) the tracks are wet and sloppy as all get out, so why send the inexperienced guys out there to cut in a bunch of screwed up lines? I mean dont get me wrong there are a few sandbaggers out there that cut in some decent lines, but why not send out the A or B riders first? that way the lines are already defined enough that they won't screw up the good lines.

On a side note I saw on the OMA site the faircross schedule, If its something the promoters could work out you really should try and see about the Fairfield Co fair, getting a race in there. The people around here would eat that crap up, I guarantee you guys would have a good turn out, they sell out for a very poor excuse for a derby, if you guys brought a race in there these people wouldnt know what to do with themselves.

We don't have a set order.....but when in doubt we send out the group with the biggest fear of the conditions at hand......muhahahahaha!!!!

Honestly, most of the riders that rush to be the first on the track for practice usually aren't the goony C riders. I've noticed they're usually the C riders that know what they're doing or B riders.

If I remember correctly Fairfield County Fairgrounds won't let MX run for whatever reason. I've asked for years as well.

Back