Who's gonna grab this?

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
I have been looking at that as well. But I still haven't completed my 1978 RM125C build yet! And I have all the parts!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Come on boy's... Someone grab it before some idiot gets it.
(and before you say it, with 15 bikes, I am plumb out of room)

dmx153

PR Founding Father
My friend has been looking for a clean 79 for a long time. He was able to get ahold of the owner and set up a time to look at it. Hopefully it all works for him and if so we will have another vintage racer to join us!

Dano762

PR Addict
Come on boy's... Someone grab it before some idiot gets it.
(and before you say it, with 15 bikes, I am plumb out of room)
Mike,

You helped me and didn't know it. 15 bikes helps with my justification that I NEED a decade class 250 to ride Action Sports GPs next year!!

Looks like a reasonable deal on that 79 RM if the engine is as new/solid as seller says.

Not this time on the 79 but originality is always interesting and irresistible to me. Then I get goofy and wrongly convince myself that something is too original to use and end up doing nothing with it. I have a couple of examples.

I am likely not the only one that suffers from too original or too nice to use syndrome. Mike (29)s office RM from winter projects revisited looks like it falls in that category.

Dan

NQ1965

PR Elite
Mike, You helped me and didn't know it. 15 bikes helps with my justification that I NEED a decade class 250 to ride Action Sports GPs next year!!

We're all here to help you Dano, not hurt ya :D
Although I think it's already too late. The signs are there that the sickness has taken over you, ha ha!

Last edited:

TPMX #8

PR Addict
Ive been looking for a 78 RM125
This is close but my first new dirt bike was a 1978 RM125 that I started racing on
If this was a 78 I would looking at it for sure
AHRMA361 if you ever decide to part with your 78 keep me in mind

dmx153

PR Founding Father
My friend Ed Vacha got this little gem. I helped him unload it from his truck and it's even better than the pictures showed. Ed is probably still drooling over it as I type this. Thanks for the tip John, you made my friends year with this one!

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I liked it myself, but I'm sticking to ONE vintage bike! It's a good thing that I don't have more money and room though. --L*64