2014 Mini O's

ck1racerx

PR Addict
2,223 riders, JUST for the motocross side of things... WOW.. Not sure it could get much bigger, But I have said that since my first trip in 1984.
The track has changes each year but the foundation is still pretty much the same as it always has been. It gets rough and that makes for good racing. If you watch the motos right after track prep it is pretty much follow the leader. As soon as the ruts and braking bumps develop, the lap times go up as well as the number of passes.
ZERO big doubles on the track. ZERO people complaining about the lack of them. (To my knowledge) ZERO Life Flights from the track. WHAT? You mean you can have a motocross race on a track that does not have a 4th gear WFO double???
This event, much like Loretta's, has become one of the races that needs zero advertising to continue to grow. No matter what happens AT the race. Next year, more people will want to come. As a wantabe promoter, I am more jealous of this race than any other. Not only for the reason above but it just so happens to be on one of my favorite tracks and at the PERFECT time of the year.

Does anyone else have a problem with the #1 plates? It use to hold a certain level of prestige being the only way to get one was to win a national pro series. Once it was first brought to LL I kinda thought it cheapened the pro level plate but, hey, whatever. Now they give them out like bread sticks at Fazoli's. A three race series in Ohio gets you one. A single race in Florida gets you one. Buy two Happy Meals and you get one for free.
It was never a prize of monetary value, but to the people that won one, they were priceless.

If I drag my Nova down to Kil-Kare Drag strip this Saturday night and I win, Are they going to give me a Wally? My son's pee-wee Superbowl is this week. I better make room on the mantel for the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

john lilly

PR Addict
2,223 riders, JUST for the motocross side of things... WOW.. Not sure it could get much bigger, But I have said that since my first trip in 1984.
The track has changes each year but the foundation is still pretty much the same as it always has been. It gets rough and that makes for good racing. If you watch the motos right after track prep it is pretty much follow the leader. As soon as the ruts and braking bumps develop, the lap times go up as well as the number of passes.
ZERO big doubles on the track. ZERO people complaining about the lack of them. (To my knowledge) ZERO Life Flights from the track. WHAT? You mean you can have a motocross race on a track that does not have a 4th gear WFO double???
This event, much like Loretta's, has become one of the races that needs zero advertising to continue to grow. No matter what happens AT the race. Next year, more people will want to come. As a wantabe promoter, I am more jealous of this race than any other. Not only for the reason above but it just so happens to be on one of my favorite tracks and at the PERFECT time of the year.

Does anyone else have a problem with the #1 plates? It use to hold a certain level of prestige being the only way to get one was to win a national pro series. Once it was first brought to LL I kinda thought it cheapened the pro level plate but, hey, whatever. Now they give them out like bread sticks at Fazoli's. A three race series in Ohio gets you one. A single race in Florida gets you one. Buy two Happy Meals and you get one for free.
It was never a prize of monetary value, but to the people that won one, they were priceless.

If I drag my Nova down to Kil-Kare Drag strip this Saturday night and I win, Are they going to give me a Wally? My son's pee-wee Superbowl is this week. I better make room on the mantel for the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Hey you were supposed to post this on my Mini O's post....Lol

KingRacing

PR Addict
[QUOTE="ck1racerx, post: 587711, member: 11127 ZERO Life Flights from the track. [/QUOTE]

Life flights from the track were mostly just to avoid traffic and didn't really have much to do with the severity of injuries.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
That supercross track has been greatly tamed down. Exponentially.

2200 riders...seems down. I remember last year we went they were renting the farmers field to park. They had like 5,000 entries or something.

The vet classes are low turnout. I remember those gates being full also years ago.