Track Changes for 2015

john lilly

PR Addict
Are any of the track owners willing to share what changes they will be making to the tracks and events for 2015? Does Malvern and Briarcliff, have to make changes to their tracks or facilities in order to hold a qualifier? If any of you track owners are will to share, please do.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I know a place in the southern series that has changed the whole track... It never gets touched so I assume it will erode another inch by spring... Can you guess which track?

Sorry, Sorry... that was mean and I'm sure Johnny wants to keep this upbeat. Could not help myself.

John250

PR Founding Father
Would be nice to see Rocky put a face lift on DIrt Country. He is staying in my condo in Daytona during bike week. I will talk him into it.

MalvernMX

As far as requirements for the qualifier, the only thing that was required of us was a 40 man gate. That is done. It required some changes to the staging area to make it fit. I have plans for some obstical changes and possibally a minor layout change but that will be after the qualifier. Radical layout changes are almost impossible due to several hurdles, big ones being. Light pole placement, all the underground wiring and the fact that I really don't know where it is or how deep it is anymore due to erosion and dirt replacement. For the most part everywhere the track is now has good dirt from me hauling a bazillion loads of topsoil and mostly sand. Everywhere else is garbage dirt and lots of shale.

RMK921

PR Member
What would be neat is if the start was reversed. Meaning uphill left hander. Major work I'm sure. Might help with staging also.

handracing

PR Founding Father
Changing the staging area for practice on the bike track. We always like to change something for each race. Even if it's just a corner or jump to make it feel different. A lot depends on the spring weather and what can be done before race season begins! Curtis has been hauling more mulch in so that will work into the dirt like last year. We also looking to do some open practices this season! :cool:

MalvernMX

Ever thought of reversing the vern? could be neat!!

Definitely have thought about it and have had it suggested by a ton of people. What most people don't think of is that you can not have the finish by the scoring tower or bring racers off the track there. The finish line HAS to be before the start or you have to wait till every rider is off the track before you can start the next Moto.

Building another finish line scoring building and taking racers off the track where the ambulance sets and changing all the jumps is very doable and the more I think about it I like it. It is not something I could posibally make happen in the next 4 weeks.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
The finish line HAS to be before the start or you have to wait till every rider is off the track before you can start the next Moto.
QUOTE]

Had this conversation with the guys at new Vienna during their fall series. The track is so big, everyone gets really spread out. Then where their finish was, you had to sit there and wait for one or two guys for 5 minutes before you could start the next moto. The start got into the finish area about 1/3 of a lap into the race.....horrible design. I suggested moving the finish over to the table top right before the starting line to get the next moto rolling but they did not change it.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
You guys in the north part of the state have no idea how well you have it with promoters that understand moto like the Hands, The Cliff and The Vern. They actually understand track design, layout and placement of obstacles and support personnel.
Good things happen when one or two motocross people put together a motocross facility. If its a "club", beware.