AMA Motocross Department is Hiring

Alex186

PR Member
Job Title: Motocross Operational Coordinator

POSITION SUMMARY
This is a Entry-Level position that assists with coordinating issues in amateur motocross across the country. Conveys rules, decisions, and regulations. Support Motocross initiatives within the racing department.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Coordinates work, provides customer service, supports the motorcycle lifestyle
  • Coordinates day-to-day issues with contacts including members and organizers and staff
  • Coordinates results from all races including tracking, mapping, member matching, correcting any errors and correcting class structure.
  • Resolves rider classification issues including advancement, appeals, communication with organizers / riders.
  • Oversees MXADVANCE and MXRACING emails
  • Provides continuous efforts towards upcoming events
  • Coordinates issues and ensures process is being followed and tasks are extended over long period of time requiring continuous attention
  • Communicates with external and internal contacts including members, AMA staff, organizers and Districts.
  • Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & WORKING CONDITIONS
  • Knowledge of Motocross industry
  • Knowledge of equipment and what is appropriate for class structure
  • Knowledge of Rulebook and processes
  • Excellent computer skills including databases
  • Ability to think critically and logically from all different issues
  • Ability to think critically and strategically to solve issues and prevent future issues
  • Ability to provide contact with information concerning rules, regulations, and final decisions
  • Little/no strain; standing, walking, sitting
  • Environment: required to stay outside; exposed to dust, fumes, noise
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES &CERTIFICATIONS
  • Some specialized commercial/technical/vocational education beyond high school
  • 3 – 5 years of job related experience
Send a cover letter and resume to Kip Bigelow at Kbigelow@ama-cycle.org to apply.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
lol....Hmmmm

CK this has your name all over it! Kind of scary actually!
I had my moto/business resume pre made months ago hoping something like this would come up. It took 3.2 seconds for me to apply :p. Fingers crossed waiting for the phone to ring

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Well, I would be lying if I said I was not disappointed I did not get contacted about this position, but given my lack of a filter on certain topics, I cant say I'm surprised I didn't. But I have not given up hope. Hey, people can change, right?
Curious, Did anyone else hear anything? or if Alex is watching, any news? Don't know the history of the position but sounds like something a few of us could do very well.

Alex186

PR Member
No... we are still collecting resumes. Kip is in California for the California Classic and I've been busy with the Area Qualifiers and playing catch after spending two weeks in Texas for the Spring events. We hope to start calling candidate's soon.

Also... I received a few texts... No, I've not resigned. I've worked hard, played the game and moving up the ladder. I guess I'm living the American dream. Hopefully I can actually do some of the things I feel are really important in this new position to help the sport.