Inside the AMA offices: "Pitracer is blowing up, what should we do"

ck1racerx

PR Addict
This was originally going to be a message to Alex for my own edification (word of the day calendar) but the more I thought about it, the more I thought maybe every wants to know.
This is how I picture it:
All the fat cats setting around in rich, leather, wing back chairs, sipping 15 year old scotch, high up on the 15 floor of the palatial AMA world headquarters just outside Cbus Ohio. Classical music softly playing in the background. A Warm fire burning... Suddenly, Smithers from the lowly PR department down on the third floor busts in and proclaims "Some guy name DHDS01 is complaining about - fill in the blank - on Pitracer, What should we do?" The bat signal is illuminated and Alex appears from the shadows. 4 young girls with baskets of rose peddles quickly rush in and coat the floor as Kip enters the room. "We must fix his concern" as he pounds his mighty fist on the 35 foot conference table. "Quickly organize a task group and get to the bottom of this."
5 guys scatter and start compiling mounds and mound of data to bolster their side of the discussion. Presentations are put together with 3D animation, the issue is investigated from every possible angle until the resolution is evident even for the untrained eye... Final reports are issued, then chiseled into the garnet walls around the great complex. "A new rule is written, let it be known."

So, it may not happen exactly like that, but does anyone at the AMA discuss topics brought up on this and other boards? And if so, how does that whole process go down?

And can you believe my wife accuses me of not having an imagination... No one can paint a mental image like me.

This was originally going to be a message to Alex for my own edification (word of the day calendar) but the more I thought about it, the more I thought maybe every wants to know.
This is how I picture it:
All the fat cats setting around in rich, leather, wing back chairs, sipping 15 year old scotch, high up on the 15 floor of the palatial AMA world headquarters just outside Cbus Ohio. Classical music softly playing in the background. A Warm fire burning... Suddenly, Smithers from the lowly PR department down on the third floor busts in and proclaims "Some guy name DHDS01 is complaining about - fill in the blank - on Pitracer, What should we do?" The bat signal is illuminated and Alex appears from the shadows. 4 young girls with baskets of rose peddles quickly rush in and coat the floor as Kip enters the room. "We must fix his concern" as he pounds his mighty fist on the 35 foot conference table. "Quickly organize a task group and get to the bottom of this."
5 guys scatter and start compiling mounds and mound of data to bolster their side of the discussion. Presentations are put together with 3D animation, the issue is investigated from every possible angle until the resolution is evident even for the untrained eye... Final reports are issued, then chiseled into the garnet walls around the great complex. "A new rule is written, let it be known."

So, it may not happen exactly like that, but does anyone at the AMA discuss topics brought up on this and other boards? And if so, how does that whole process go down?

And can you believe my wife accuses me of not having an imagination... No one can paint a mental image like me.

Dude.....I dont want to know about your mental pictures, its a scary area.... and if DHDS01 is their worry then CK1 is like an ATOM BOMB in that office! Lmao....

I am curious though if they actually pay attention to the internet boards and if so do they take it serious ever.

That's kinda what I was getting at, but man I have sent the last week in Nebraska for work. If you have ever been to Nebraska you will understand if your mind begins to create stories just to have some sort of action. There are only so many corn fields you can look at before every one of them looks like a perfect place for a motocross track. Really, why we need that much corn anyways?

You forgot the part where they get on the Bat phone to Davy to discuss their response, and how it might affect MX Sports and Loretta Lynns. And the second point, if they are consulting Kip on any decisions then we are all in trouble.

Just ride. We cant change anything. (unless you suggest raising AMA Membership fees) Just ride. we talkin practice?

Non moto? AMA runs moto.
I just want to understand how the process works. Who makes suggestions and who makes the decisions

That's kinda what I was getting at, but man I have sent the last week in Nebraska for work. If you have ever been to Nebraska you will understand if your mind begins to create stories just to have some sort of action. There are only so many corn fields you can look at before every one of them looks like a perfect place for a motocross track. Really, why we need that much corn anyways?

Watch the movie "Food Inc" , it explains why we need so much corn. Warning though, you wont want to eat food from a store again after watching.

Back