AMA - is out of vintage racing

Frankie

PR Member
Thanks for your comments.. I ran at MM before you folks owned it, in 2002 I believe and it was awesome then. Looking forward to making the trip to ride the improvements I keep hearing about. And thanks for supporting Vintage MX!

Go Blue!

Mike

PR Addict
Comments form the Legends Raceway Facebook page.

Makes me sad........

Legends AMA vintage weekend has been canceled due to the AMA dropping the ball on licensing and sanctioning, if you are a vintage racer and are headed to the track we will have a race for you on Sunday or you csn come practice and camp for 10.00 per day. Otherwise it is a normal practice weekend. Message me if you are on your way.

Legends Raceway
Sorry Terry Larson we were prepped and ready but the AMA dropped the ball, I'm working on getting a AHRMA event for 2016. Any time you guys wanna come down and spend a great weekend at legends we would love to have your group. Our track is a vintage layout that everyone loves and Jonesboro has tons of night life. Message me and I'll arrange for you guys to use the track for a weekend of practice.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Legends-Raceway/734336136633520

Alex186

PR Member
Mike, Terry can think the AMA dropped the ball but he wasn't willing to uphold our AMA standards and rules. We have risk management education videos for safety, referee training, flagger training, we mandate that a Ambulance be on site during the event, etc. This organizer didn't want to complete some of the standards. It came down to the last minute with us attempting to get this stuff done and help him and it didn't work out.

It's funny because we promoted it in our magazine for 6 months, sent out press releases and did email marketing for him, and we dropped the ball. Go figure.

Gook luck to Legends raceway with their future endeavors. Our members deserve better... I'll keep working.

Mike

PR Addict
Mike, Terry can think the AMA dropped the ball but he wasn't willing to uphold our AMA standards and rules. We have risk management education videos for safety, referee training, flagger training, we mandate that a Ambulance be on site during the event, etc. This organizer didn't want to complete some of the standards. It came down to the last minute with us attempting to get this stuff done and help him and it didn't work out.

It's funny because we promoted it in our magazine for 6 months, sent out press releases and did email marketing for him, and we dropped the ball. Go figure.

Gook luck to Legends raceway with their future endeavors. Our members deserve better... I'll keep working.

Alex

Of course we appreciate the AMA looking out for our safety. The highlights of the 13/14 AMA Vintage National series were consistent race programs, a focus on running safe events, consistent classes and well run events.

Perhaps when you sit down and plan future years vintage racing you might want to develop a template that outlines the basics requirements and responsibilities.

Alex186

PR Member
The reason for the consistent race programs was because I physically did everything. I want there to be a Vintage program with 200 events throughout the entire country. At some point we develop a sanctioning process and let the promoters/organizers do the rest.

Mike

PR Addict
Again, I apologize for what happened at Log Road. It was never our intent to allow modern bikes to race on the same track as vintage bikes.

On a positive note, Monster Mountain had around 160 entries for the weekend. Tom Brinkman was really excited about the weekend turnout. He already has called and asked to be on the schedule for Memorial Day Weekend in 2016.

Does anybody know if ALEX is still alive, don't think we have seen even a single smoke signal from Pickerington this year. Is Monster holding an AMA Vintage event this year, what about Nikota. Maybe I expect too much, a little communication from an organization like the AMA, is that too much to ask.

Are we now down to simply send us $50 for a membership, and $60 gate fee for Mid Ohio, and $100 for a couple of classes, is it 3 motos over 2 days, or 2 motos over 3 days, or as many moto's as we can between the rain. Might ne nice to be able to make plans for family,, vacations, travel etc.

To quote Jack Nicolson "WHAT IF THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS ? "

Or my interpretation " WTF"

Dano762

PR Addict
Does anybody know if ALEX is still alive, don't think we have seen even a single smoke signal from Pickerington this year. Is Monster holding an AMA Vintage event this year, what about Nikota. Maybe I expect too much, a little communication from an organization like the AMA, is that too much to ask.

Are we now down to simply send us $50 for a membership, and $60 gate fee for Mid Ohio, and $100 for a couple of classes, is it 3 motos over 2 days, or 2 motos over 3 days, or as many moto's as we can between the rain. Might ne nice to be able to make plans for family,, vacations, travel etc.

To quote Jack Nicolson "WHAT IF THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS ? "

Or my interpretation " WTF"

Alex has a new job within the AMA and this probably doesn't fall in his job scope. He was pretty responsive before.

From my view you are correct. For those of use that just race Vintage/Post Vintage, Mid Ohio is the only reason to buy a membership so it just adds $50.00 to the race weekend.

But dang Mid-Ohio is a fun weekend and still an entertainment bargain. Where else can you watch a drunk giant try to jump a tiny bike over an active fire pit, all for the bargain price of $210.00? The racing is the icing on the cake.

Mike

PR Addict
It's not that we expect much from the AMA but a bit of communication would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

mx049

PR Elite
AMA and AHRMA time to kiss & make up as correct me if wrong but Mid-Ohio turn out in 2008 was a thousand riders...2009 split up was 250 riders at two events or 25% of what once was at one event...politics and racing are good for what....not vintage racing as the entries showed...just a dagger thru the heart.
Maico Mark