Considering a return, but a lot has changed

wr00

Noob
Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I have here or around the MX world in general. I have been considering coming back into racing, but it looks like a lot has changed since my old racing days.

Most of the racing I did was CRA based on quads in the early to late 2000s. I see there is a new-to-me sanction, OMA, which is have been reading up some back story on.

My question, how is the local MX world for quads? I noticed nationals aren't near what they use to be, compared to the mid 2000s, so I can only assume locals have suffered too.

I am just trying to get a feel for what's out there now support wise for quads.

wr00

Noob
From the research I was able to do, I was worried to find that answer. Is there a list floating around anywhere of which tracks are allowing quads for race/practice?

ktrop251

PR Member
Not sure about the list but I've noticed quads not being as prevelant as the mid 2000s too. I want to say battlesburg always welcomes quads and I believe beans does sometimes. Most of the tracks on here are good about posting details in the practice forum as well as the race update forum.

Bill480

PR Addict
Not sure about the list but I've noticed quads not being as prevelant as the mid 2000s too. I want to say battlesburg always welcomes quads and I believe beans does sometimes. Most of the tracks on here are good about posting details in the practice forum as well as the race update forum.

As far as practice goes: Beans has not allowed quads in a year or two. Briarcliff MX always allows quads. Smith Rd has had random weekend practices that allowed quads after a certain time (but i haven't seen that since a couple months ago). There is more info out there, this is what I have at the top of my head currently.

Learn more about the OMA here: http://www.omxa.net On the schedule it lists what races do/don't allow quads. http://omxa.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/2016-OMA-Schedule-06062016.pdf

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
as mentioned above, check out the schedule for racing. As far as practice, it's hit and miss with some tracks. Some will practice quads on race weekends, but not through the week. Then you have tracks that will let quads practice in the spring and fall when it's less dusty. Or at least that's the pattern I've picked up on. Briarcliff allows quads at every event except the LLAQ.

In terms of nationals, it's a broken cycle. Kids get super into it at a young age, and are either hurt or in major debt by age 19-22, and are ready to do something else.

Regular Mx for bikes it's down too. People just want to ride and have fun, but not everyone, there's still some hardcore racers left, and they can be found nearby.