CTMX Open Practice

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
**Open practice weekend Q and A** CTMX's first ever open practice weekend is just over a week away. May 20-21, practice both days 10-4. We wanted to go over some items and try to spearhead any questions you may have. We will also be giving away some various items leading up to the event. First up CTMX camp: she's plumb full, we have 30 campers that will be led by Levi Kilbarger Chris Whitcraft and Jeff Gibson. The camp is May 18-19. All are welcome to go ahead and bring camper out to make a 4 day weekend to watch camp or enjoy Chillicothe. Camping is $30 per night, that includes water and electric.
On to open practice details: in preparation for the 2017 season we have hauled in several thousand cubic yards of sawdust, topsoil and sand to mimic national level race course conditions. This practice weekend is open to all age and skill level riders. Practice will be $25 per group, each day.
Extra curricular activities: we will bust out the Moto limbo post and possibly some barrel type shenanigans. Also on Saturday night, over at the Grandstand area, there will be a national rally car super special race. Rally cars from all over North America will be lining up on a spectator friendly course. This event should begin around 7 or 8. We also partnered with the rally folks and will have a band playing after the rally. The band will be traveling from Nashville.
It is our goal to have an enjoyable low key weekend. We will not be fully staffed like a normal race weekend, but will still have security, flaggers on blind jumps, and a few others. Track will be fully prepped and should get very rutted and gnarly. No one under 16 on any pit vehicles.
Please ask any questions you have. We honestly have no clue how many riders or families to expect. Tell us you're coming or tag someone that is coming. We'll randomly select a winner for a free practice sticker. Thanks-Jeremy

Sweet, an open practice weekend at CTMX with hookups and a band. You guys really bring it every single time. Thanks for letting us know. It's sure to be an exciting weekend.

You gonna ride scooters Day!

I'm going to try to make it. That was same weekend as motoland

If I can give nick any help we will go and get his bike set up,and him comfortable with any changes to the track

Sorry to hear Jeremy. I think the rain kept people at home. It was coming down in buckets here in Columbus on and off all weekend. My poor water pump is still running.

Saturday was absolutely awesome! Thank you CTMX For such an awesome practice. It rained a little bit and I know you guys can't control Mother Naturez but the track really shaped up by the end of the day! So much fun! My only complaint was running till 4:00 when I felt/feel like you guys could've run it later in the day. But awesome track I will definitely be back for more!

The kid crusher is back in the middle. Now there are rollers prior to it that will get you in trouble setting up for the jump, at race speeds.
Also if you do not jump it you go blind to the kid behind you until it is too late. That's the change I was fishing for.

Back