East Fork Qualifier Practice Schedule:

Rogers365

PR Addict
First year I had a qualifier at Malvern we had stickers made charged for pit vehicles as well. Following years I abandoned the idea, it was just more headache than it’s worth.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Free or $50 for a pit bike I don't care. I walk or ride a bicycle.
BUT if anyone charges the fee then it better damn well be supervised. When they say no one under 16, then f-ing enforce it. No BS warnings. Throw the little SOB out the gate. The worthless Mom and Dad can pick his ass up on the way out.
LL is ridiculous with pit vehicles. It is amazing no one gets killed.
You cant ask parents to police the pits. Your talking about people that have their kid in a sport with a 100% chance of getting hurt. We are NOT the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Suck on that Rogers

663dad

PR Addict
First year I had a qualifier at Malvern we had stickers made charged for pit vehicles as well. Following years I abandoned the idea, it was just more headache than it’s worth.
The reason for charging is to help curve the pitbike riding during the qualifier weekend. I know $10.00 isn't much but it may help keep some of the pitbikes at home or in the trailer. Eastfork will be enforcing 1st gear only in the pits and pitbike passes during the event.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Free or $50 for a pit bike I don't care. I walk or ride a bicycle.
BUT if anyone charges the fee then it better damn well be supervised. When they say no one under 16, then f-ing enforce it. No BS warnings. Throw the little SOB out the gate. The worthless Mom and Dad can pick his ass up on the way out.
LL is ridiculous with pit vehicles. It is amazing no one gets killed.
You cant ask parents to police the pits. Your talking about people that have their kid in a sport with a 100% chance of getting hurt. We are NOT the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Suck on that Rogers

#growingthesport ....

jrminiquad

PR Addict
The problem isn't needing to "curb the pit riding", the problem is curbing the people who are riding pit vehicles like idiots.

There are tracks that we are pitting a minimum of 1/4 mile from the track (Red Bud, mini O's, etc) and if you need to go check the running order, buy a bag of ice, run back to the camp for a particular tool, that a pit bike does come in pretty handy.

It may be the parents that are allowing the dumb-ass riding go on the local tracks, but I can tell you that the adults at this year's Mini O's were way worse than any of the kids.

It is the same as another popular argument in today's world - is it the gun/pit vehicle or the person with the gun/pit vehicle? Why not just go after the ones abusing the privilege? Let it be known there will be one warning, the second time the vehicle gets put in a locked corral next to the gate and you can pick it up on your way out. If you don't want to abide by that set of rules, don't attend the event.

Of course if you did it that way, you would have to hire one or two pit policemen and wouldn't make any of your pit pass money.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
JO......I work in Insurance, selling employee benefits, and in politics. If those two fields don't cause you to have a bad attitude nothing will. Makes being a promoter seem like a walk in the park for sure!