Talk to me about Loretta's

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Where is the best camping spots.
What if any roads to avoid?
Fan admission is by the car load correct, ( mom, grandmother and grandfather are coming too, but got a hotel)
When to the normally open registration.
How do they chose your number.
Any local sights to see.
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I figured around 3 grand, but reference what Georgie said, which is how I'm treating it for the boy and that seems like a normal vacation cost.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I figured around 3 grand, but reference what Georgie said, which is how I'm treating it for the boy and that seems like a normal vacation cost.
That’s what we did. Try to get there by Wednesday or Thursday or you’ll get stuffed somewhere far away. Participate in their events some are actually pretty fun. Bring extras of oddball parts. I broke a
clutch cable, throttle cable and burnt up a new clutch between practice and first moto.

Most importantly HAVE FUN.
I feel like between nerves and self expectations I kinda ruined it for myself. Guys I smoked at home were beating me by 5-10 seconds a lap.
Take a lot of pictures because you never know if you’ll make it back.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
We will be leaving Saturday eveninish from about and hr east of Columbus. I'll crash in a parking lot over night and pull in early Sunday morning when they say they open. At least that is the plan.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I just called the pilot station, where you exit to go to the ranch. They have potable water available at their station. So that will save me some fuel on the trip down.

Probably where I'll pull into to sleep Saturday night also.

Vet261

PR Addict
For people coming in extra car you are probably better off buying the extra vehicle pass. If they just pay daily fan admission (which yes is by carload) then they are supposed to park in certain areas and would not be permitted to drive to your camping spot. (supposedly)

Keep in mind that "when they say they open" doesn't mean they aren't open. You just have to pay the extra LL camping fee for the days prior.

Every time I've gone I've left Friday about 4pm, driven about 8 hours, camped at a Walmart around Bowling Green, KY, and gotten to the ranch around 7am Saturday morning. The place is pretty much full at that point.

If you want to park on Stagecoach Hill, you either have to have someone saving you a spot, or get there Thursday or Friday. If you want any reasonable spot for that matter, you have to get there Thursday or Friday. Two years ago when we went, we couldn't find anywhere to park early Saturday morning, ended up driving all the way around to the back back the bend in the creek and had to park in a corner spot. It seemed like we were miles away from the track, but in the end it worked out nicely because that corner was slightly raised up and we stayed high and dry while everyone else not on the hill was flooded.

The amount of people bringing giant rigs has gotten so out of hand that they now have extra overflow parking down the road near to LL house. I would not want to be parked all the way out there, that's like being in another county.

Look at map below. The RED O in the map lower left corner is the corner I parked in two years ago trying to find a spot on Saturday morning at like 8am.
The RED ARROW points in the general direction where the new overflow lots are at.

556_2017llfacilitymap-01.jpg

As for other things not related to parking:
Pay attention to all the activities. I know several people that pretty much go on the track and then sit at their campsite the whole week and miss out on a ton.
Go through the vendor area EVERY DAY. There are a ton of contests, giveways, games, etc and I've won a ton of swag there including 2 Go Pros, Fox backpacks, graphics kits, hats, Suzuki lake tube, Xbox games, a ton of stuff from Rocky Mountain, etc, etc, etc.

Make sure and run down and check out LL house, and the little gift shops there.

As for outside of LL, If you are of the right age the Dukes of Hazzard museum in Nashville is really cool and only like 20 minutes out of the way on drive back North.
https://cootersplace.com/cooters-nashville/

Also, stop at Gaylord Opryland hotel, which is right next to the Grand Ole Opry. This place is like its own city. I am actually staying there this year Mon-Fri and just driving over to the ranch a few days during the week.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bnago-gaylord-opryland-resort-and-convention-center/

Another really cool thing on the drive home is Mammoth Cave in KY.
https://www.nps.gov/maca/index.htm

What to bring to LL:
Mud boots, umbrellas, sunscreen, river floats if desired, shoes like Crocs to walk in the river.
Bring a bottle of Home Defense spray and spray it all around the camper when you get there, set up your own little anti-bug zone.
You must have pit vehicles. I like having something street legal like Zuma scooter because you can zip down to LL house, etc on it and just have a lot more freedom having a street legal bike.
You must wear helmets when riding pit bikes, so bring a couple bicycle/skateboard type helmets. Those are much easier and not as hot to wear as opposed to having to put on a MX helmet every time.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Vet261

PR Addict
I just called the pilot station, where you exit to go to the ranch. They have potable water available at their station. So that will save me some fuel on the trip down.

Probably where I'll pull into to sleep Saturday night also.

Yes I've filled up with water there several times. Keep in mind you may be waiting in line to fill up. Drive around back to the tractor-trailer lanes and there are water lines on each column at the pumps.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Hope this helps!
Thanks for all the info. From how I understand our current game plan, Im taking the camper down with my dad following along in his car. My son's mother and grandmother toddler bother are coming down in a separate car. Son and I are camping. My dad has a hotel room and the boys mom, grandmother and brother have another in the same hotel in Camden. So what would be the best way to get everyone in?

I'll have my klx110 and dad plans on bring his grom, and leaving it with me at the camp sight over night.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
and we are going to stay the night at mammoth cave on the way home, glad you pointed that out. I didn't realize how close it was on our drive home! i've always wanted to go there.

John250

PR Founding Father
Sounds like LL has almost outgrown the facility. I am sure there are better places to hold the race, but that will never happen. Would like to go down to watch some, but honestly just sounds like a major hassel

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Sounds like LL has almost outgrown the facility. I am sure there are better places to hold the race, but that will never happen. Would like to go down to watch some, but honestly just sounds like a major hassel
It certainly has. I think it should rotate to different tracks every year.

Vet261

PR Addict
I would say the best bet is to get an extra car pass for Dad, and try to get another extra car pass for the other group -- but you may have to tie that into someone else that is going to be there as I think you are only allowed one extra car pass per camping permit.

One year I thought how great it would be to bring my mountain bike. WRONG. It's a bitch riding the bicycle around in the gravel areas, and if you get any rain you might as well forget about peddling. Plus even in the areas you can pedal you are nearly getting run over by the $20,000 Razr's driving around.

Really the reason it is getting overgrown is simply because everyone has giant third mortgage rigs now. Basically the same problem you see at any huge event.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
You're going to have a Ball at the ranch - !!
Get there as early as you can -

I'm planning on a fun filled week. The racing will just add to the fun. He is super excited to see two of his favorite racers. Max Miller #604 on a KTM 125. Max befriended him a couple years ago and sent him a signed jersey and sticker, which he has in a display case in his toy room. He is also excited to see Seth Hammaker #510 again. He met Seth at the East Fork Regional where they chatted up and exchanged one of my boy's stickers for one of Seth Team Green Kawi hat's, as they pitted across the raod from us. He already has made me check to see if they qualified and send them a message lol.