What’s with these 250f’s

Toddco327

PR Addict
Seems like there have been quite a few problems with the 250f’s at the nationals. Mainly Honda and Kawasaki. You think these bikes are just pushed to the limits with power that they just grenade or to much electrical stuff?

Did the 125 of yester year blow up this much?

Just a thought

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Not sure. I don’t think riders were going as fast back then either. These new era riders definitely take their equipment to its brink. 70s 80s pros I’m sure did to. Mechanicals were a lot more common before the equipment got as good as it is now. Used to have to ride the bike easier to get it to finish. Now it’s just expected to go balls to the wall for the full 40.

Toddco327

PR Addict
My guess is that they have these bikes a lot like a funny car or top fuel. Pretty much as much power as you can get in one run and then it’s time for a rebuild. I know it’s not the same but I’m sure they are squeezing every drop of power out of that motor.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Oh for sure. Mitch Payton probably knows how to tweak a motor down to the minute. If he wants a 20 minute motor he can build it. If he wants a 40
Minute motor same deal....

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
Did they find out what happened to Jeremy Martin's bike? I never heard but definitely sucks that Hondong had 2 bikes drop out

Jeremy11

PR Member
Watch the race and all you hear is the 250f's on the rev limiter 95% of time, amazing more of them donnt blow up going around the track pinned @ 14k rpm.

John250

PR Founding Father
Watch the race and all you hear is the 250f's on the rev limiter 95% of time, amazing more of them donnt blow up going around the track pinned @ 14k rpm.
I totally agree. They have these bikes up on the rev limiter all the time. Go to a local race, and they do the same thing. But the stock motors I am sure take the abuse much more than their motors. The factory motors are built for practice and two motos. That's it.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
They are building these 250F's for power short term because that's the name of the game. Need to get out front early and stay there and it takes HP to do it. Those motors are not meant to last long, and if you get some extreme weather, they will last even shorter. That's why there have been privateers over the years that have done OK in the 450 class, the bikes make plenty of power and they can ride them much longer without rebuilds so a true privateer is better off there.