Beagle Classic

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
Not sure if there are many ball players on here but we played the Beagle Classic this past weekend in South Shore KY. I think this is the 26th year playing the tournament and the Beagles 3rd championship in a row, haven't done that in 20 years. Had a blast as usual and my bro and I got co-MVP!

This field is only used once a year, for the 4th of July Beagle Classic! The old man is Mike Borders, father of former big leaguer Pat Borders, he's in his mid 70s and still plays every game! The man is a freak of nature!

Attachments

• 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 445
  • b8Ol6jec-397722158.jpg
    b8Ol6jec-397722158.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 372
  • 8LbJat6t-397729000.jpg
    8LbJat6t-397729000.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 419
  • vQvr8O4T-397718670.jpg
    vQvr8O4T-397718670.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 389
  • part0.jpg
    part0.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 389

NQ1965

PR Elite
Very Cool!

With our two grandsons and oldest granddaughter, we helped coach a Farm team, Pup's team, and 8 and under softball team this year. Played a total of somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 games total since March.
After my kids all grew up, we got away from ball. The grandkids have helped get me back to it, and loving it!

Had eight ball games last week, finishing the final game Friday night at 10:30pm. We were at FastTraxx in Nelsonville for the GP races by 9:30am Saturday morning till 5pm that afternoon. And at a Columbus Clippers game with all three ball teams all day yesterday.

To me there are many crossover similarities between moto and ball in teaching that there is little progress or accomplishments without hard work and paying your dues.

Summer time, Dirt Bikes and Baseball. Gotta Love it!

Last edited:

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
Very Cool!

With our two grandsons and oldest granddaughter, we helped coach a Farm team, Pup's team, and 8 and under softball team this year. Played a total of somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 games total since March.
After my kids all grew up, we got away from ball. The grandkids have helped get me back to it, and loving it!

Had eight ball games last week, finishing the final game Friday night at 10:30pm. We were at FastTraxx in Nelsonville for the GP races by 9:30am Saturday morning till 5pm that afternoon. And at a Columbus Clippers game with all three ball teams all day yesterday.

To me there are many crossover similarities between moto and ball in teaching that there is little progress or accomplishments without hard work and paying your dues.

Summer time, Dirt Bikes and Baseball. Gotta Love it!
Been there! Loved playing all that ball when I was younger. Glad you're having fun with it! 80 games a year is no joke! That's more than a college baseball season

John250

PR Founding Father
My Nephew used to play on a baseball team, they were playing about 65 games a year, and it was a ton!

NQ1965

PR Elite
I would absolutely love to see the grandkids play through to High School. But like everything else these days, it takes a pretty good commitment and never ending work at it to get there.

What's really cool is that twice this year I've had people (parents, and grandparents) come up and introduce themselves to me saying:
"My son, (or grandson) says that you race dirt bikes, is that right?" :D

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
I would absolutely love to see the grandkids play through to High School. But like everything else these days, it takes a pretty good commitment and never ending work at it to get there.

What's really cool is that twice this year I've had people (parents, and grandparents) come up and introduce themselves to me saying:
"My son, (or grandson) says that you race dirt bikes, is that right?" :D

The whole dirt bike thing blows people away, mainly because ball players don't do it. We would be traveling in college and my roomies would get pissed because Saturday night was SX night in our room!

Baseball is a lot like moto, if you bust a glove there's always someone there ready to help to relace it or let you use theirs. Just like wrecking at the track, complete strangers want to help get you back on the track, that's why I fell in love with moto! Filling that void of being a part of something when baseball was over

NQ1965

PR Elite
If you played through college, clearly you had aspirations to go Pro. Were you scouted by any organizations?

My granddaughters head coach played single-A ball, but was only making like $1650 a month. Finally called it quits. Very admirable to make it that far because so-so few can.

A coworker of mine also made it a long way playing softball, she played for Purdue.

Last edited:

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
If you played through college, clearly you had aspirations to go Pro. Were you scouted by any organizations?

My granddaughters head coach played single-A ball, but was only making like $1650 a month. Finally called it quits. Very admirable to make it that far because so-so few can.

A coworker of mine also made it a long way playing softball, she played for Purdue.
I got invited to pro showcases and scouts came to watch. Some teams were Reds, Cubs, Pirates, and Rockies. Got to college and honestly never got a fair shot but they still paid for school so I kept my mouth shut and pushed through. I technically still have 1 year of college eligibility but could graduate so I went to work instead of riding pine for a 5th year

The coaches were stunned when I told them I played with Giancarlo Stanton and against Jason Heyward, they recruited me but didn't even know how good I was lol then didn't even play me. Downside of being an out of towner! Oh well it paid for an education and I like to think I'm not one of those goofy, no common sense college grads LOL

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
Yea pro ball seems great when you see someone signed for $100k but they're usually 5 year contracts so you only make $20k a year. But just like us moto heads, chasing a dream!!!