Kids first race.

jj584

PR Addict
C45B3638-F42D-432A-8EB4-426CA983882F.jpeg
Took the 14 yr old to Malvern tonight. We had a blast. He rode 250c and open c, he ran in about 18-19 out of 24 in both classes. Had a great experience and we like the track a lot better than the way it was in the spring. Just thought I’d share some positivity! He did go down in his last moto of open C, bruised and bumped decently but he’s fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacecat

PR Member
Good job young man! stacked classes for sure. 23 guys in 250 C, only 2 in 250 B. taking it to the 450s in open too? I like it.

Matt Mangano

PR Member
Open C was the last moto of the night right? I raced 2 stroke and we were moto 18 the track was pretty slick during my 2nd moto, great job on the first race!

Motodad23

PR Member
My son raced his first race at Malvern a few years ago. We got there track looked perfect. Got signed up and while walking back to pits it rained like crazy. Did his practice In the mud and was nervous about racing. They ended up combining A,B, and C with only a total of 12. He got 5th out of the group which was good for never riding in the mud.
20150516_175441.jpg

jj584

PR Addict
Open C was the last moto of the night right? I raced 2 stroke and we were moto 18 the track was pretty slick during my 2nd moto, great job on the first race!
It was the last one of the night. He made a pass on the uphill table by the driveway, I saw him through the s curve but never made it made it over the next table. I think he got loose and low sided. Gf said he Superman slid up the face. Ripped his pants zipper and buckle clean off. He’ll live.

Attachments

• 6D393ED5-24C1-47A9-88DA-A635B059A5B7.jpeg
    6D393ED5-24C1-47A9-88DA-A635B059A5B7.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 232

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
He had a good time, I’m sure we’ll do some more.

You guys should give EROC motoxCountry a try. I was all moto my entire life and raced my first EROC yesterday and had an absolute blast doing it. Hooked now and I haven’t raced in over 4 years or been on a bike in 2 months.. TV Land one is coming up September 23rd I think that’s supposed to be one of the best ones

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
My son raced his first race at Malvern a few years ago. We got there track looked perfect. Got signed up and while walking back to pits it rained like crazy. Did his practice In the mud and was nervous about racing. They ended up combining A,B, and C with only a total of 12. He got 5th out of the group which was good for never riding in the mud. View attachment 59096
See this is when he thought everyone races in the mud...but real life just cancels lol.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
You guys should give EROC motoxCountry a try. I was all moto my entire life and raced my first EROC yesterday and had an absolute blast doing it. Hooked now and I haven’t raced in over 4 years or been on a bike in 2 months.. TV Land one is coming up September 23rd I think that’s supposed to be one of the best ones
I keep telling everyone this but nobody believes me until they do It.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
They’re wide groomed trails mostly. Don’t even need havsguards. The most harescrambly one I did was crow canyon. Rest of them are moto, grass and some wide woods and some obstacles.

Try tvland. He will like it.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
My son has never ridden woods. He is freaked out by it. Tough sell.

I pretty much suck in the woods and on the track.. I’ve only done Meadowlarks which I was told this year was pretty tight for an EROC and I had no problem at all. You should try to talk him into it.. it’s 100 percent safer then a regular moto race.. I can’t wait for tv land. Hope to see you guys there.