Drilling out spoke nipple holes?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Hey All! I’m working on lacing a set of black Pro Wheel rims for a TTR125L, to the stock hubs on my CRF150F mini bike. (This isn’t a racial, or breast related thread...) When I ordered the rims from PW, I specifically asked if the TTR rims will need to be drilled to accommodate the OEM Honda nipples? (I’m pretty sure that the 150F uses the same size nipples as a full size 450 MXer, and I was fairly sure that the TTR nipples were smaller in diameter?) “Nope! They’re plug and play. Did that same setup with the TTR rims myself not too long ago”. Guess what- the holes are too small on the TTR rims?? Phew!! Does anybody know anything about their products any more? I guess I need to know what size drill bit to use?? Anything else I need to know before I drill the rim holes out? Or do I box ‘em up and send them to ‘Ol Keith at KSR? —L*64

I had to do the same on a set of pro wheels I built a few years ago. Their spokes tend to be thicker than stock and I had the hubs powder coated. Just grabbed a drill bit that was about the same size as the spokes and drilled and checked until each one fit.

Back