NBC gold app

John250

PR Founding Father
Ok. Call me technology challenged. But I cant seem to find NBC gold app to download in my TV. Matthew signed up for it, but when searching it only NBC sports come up and when looking at it under pro motocross nothing comes up and it does not require me to log in. Help the 49 year old that just likes to hit power on the TV and it to come on.

He left or i would have my 15 year old do it.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Ok get an amazon fire stick. Download the app. Does your tv have an APP store ?

I’m running mine via amazon fire stick. $30 at Walmart.

Can also go through roku and I beleive google chrome stick thing.

John250

PR Founding Father
So I have a $1000 Samsung smart TV with apps and I cant watch this app on my TV? You got to be kidding me??

DirtRamper

PR Addict
Same here.. utterly disappointed that my fancy pants LG smart TV just has limited apps.. couldn’t even find NBC sports on mine. I had an old Apple TV and got it working with that. PC or mobile is better than not watching for now but shop around for a Roku or firestick. If you get it working on a laptop or mobile... you can also use an HDMI cable straight to your TV.. need the right adapter for mobile devices though.

Last edited:

BILL88L

PR Addict
So I have a $1000 Samsung smart TV with apps and I cant watch this app on my TV? You got to be kidding me??

I learned with apps you have to be on a web browser like internet explorer or firefox to find them. Samsung probably didn't put that on there. Just making sure your son did that.

That being said we also have a Samsung smart TV and about a month ago it just decided to give an error message every time we tried to get on Netflix - not even the same error every time. Spent a week doing every fix I could find and said screw it and went and bought the $30 firestick-no issue since. My thought is that these app based providers are constantly updating software and the manufacturers don't. The stick guys do and as a bonus when you travel or go on vacation you can take the thing with you and use it on the TV where you are staying.

I have Roku in the man cave and would say they are about the same other than firestick being somewhat proprietary towards amazon stuff.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Are you guys havingnproblems with the gold stopping and or locking up now and then? Frustrating
I had that a couple times, but then I’d pull it up on my phone and it’d still be playing so it’s not the app(in my case).
I think mine is my crappy internet connection, also resetting the firestick may have helped as well.

Bill480

PR Addict
I paid for the nbcsgold thingy and added it to my hulu channels.

5 minutes later i noticed that i had the nbc sports channel as part of my regular hulu package

luckily nbc sports refunded me that $90 since i asked to cancel same day.

point of this story if you pay for hulu - check if you already have the channel!

Vet261

PR Addict
Don't forget the NBCGold app gives you access to all the qualifiers during the day. I've gotten sucked into watching that for 3+ hours for each of the first two events.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Being a tightwad old bastard with a house antennae, I haven't paid a dime to watch anything on TV in 28 years. (save for buying the antennae and the TV's themselves).
Got home from work yesterday afternoon and the wife saw on the channel guide that the Phoenix Supercross race was coming on channel 4 NBC.

What a nice surprise.

hershey

PR Elite
Don't forget the NBCGold app gives you access to all the qualifiers during the day. I've gotten sucked into watching that for 3+ hours for each of the first two events.

Thats the real pisser. Ive watched that for a few years now, usually in the back round while Im putzing around the garage or house on supercross live, now the only way you can watch it is with NBC gold. Honestly, that was the only reason I upgraded from the MX version.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’ll just stay with Hulu next year. Unless they add content and make it truly commercial free. I’d rather watch the moto commercials.

Although I’ve found with some Hulu recordings you’re forced to watch commercials. So you can’t fast forward through them. Some you can.