Can we get some track prep

Toddco327

PR Addict
Was watching Budds Creek this week and noticed the night and day difference in both racing and track “prep”. Now before all you guys go crazy. Yes I know they are professionals. Yes I know they are supposed to be the best. Yes I know nobody makes any money and it cost a lot.

But after watching Unadilla and how rough the track was and the racing was ehh at best. Then watching Budds Creek which had great racing. I noticed that the track at Budds creek wasn’t as rough. Seemed to have more passing and just overall better for all riders. Watching the guy in 23rd walk his bike through the corners isn’t fun.

So my question is. Why can’t they disc the track between the first and second motos. When the track is good it gives good racing. Yes I know it takes time. But the 1hr between motos should give them enough time to run disc. Maybe I’m crazy but it would be nice.

John250

PR Founding Father
Agree 100%. Plus its safer. Go back and watch nationals in the 90s. Totally different. They used to prep in between motos.

Meister

PR Founding Father
You all know my position on the matter.

Egos get in the way and people let it get insanely rough.

If someone says a promoter isn't making s**t at a national, show me on paper or shut up.

The ones that aren't making s**t at a national are the guys outside the top 20 riding mediocre bikes against the world's best.. that's as much horse s**t as the "let it get rougher" mentality.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I was happy to see the track not ripped as deep. You got to mix it up some. After a while all the tracks start to look the same with the deep chop. I want to see a "grass race". Don't rip it at all. Lets see how they do on some hard pack and some dust.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Noticed that Millville was pretty smooth through most of the racing this weekend. Seemed to generate some good racing. After watching Red Bud and Lorettas, which looked brutal, it was a nice change. Do you think they didn’t disc as deep? There were still lines forming. But it wasn’t a slot car track. What do you guys think?

John250

PR Founding Father
I think its much better racing. They let them tracks get so rough and like slot car tracks that the racing suffers. Hell I remember when you went to a national and they full prepped in between motos. Those days are done.

hershey

PR Elite
We were at Redbud. I can tell you first hand that the track was far more rough at Vetfest than the national. They didn't rip it as deep as years past for sure. The pros were deciding between the normal sand tire and just the soft terrain.
I do believe the racing is better on a mild track compared to the insane rough tracks we have seen of late. And less injuries.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Millville was my favorite track back in the day. Probably still 90% the same track. I'm not a fan of the new uphill triple. Track is already pretty fast and they took out a nice technical, slow area and replaced with WFO. I bet Tickle also agrees with me.
The track did look very "smooth" this weekend. The sandy soil does not require a lot of ripping, but sure looked like something changed.
Realized last night that every track so far on the schedule has been a right hand first turn. I can remember A LOT of complaints about right handers.

NQ1965

PR Elite
OUTDOOR MOTOCROSS: all natural and untouched course. Old School, as rough, or as smooth and easy as it gets.
I think it would certainly change the training practices and riding styles of your professional racers. (and maybe change the bikes too? ).

Save grooming and man made jumps and obstacles for Supercross.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I think the main reason MxGP guys are better moto riders is because of all the varying surfaces they Race on. Some of those tracks looks terrible yet those guys are blistering. All of our tracks are soft and loamy in comparison.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
I think the main reason MxGP guys are better moto riders is because of all the varying surfaces they Race on. Some of those tracks looks terrible yet those guys are blistering. All of our tracks are soft and loamy in comparison.
But theirs don't seem to get as dusty as ours, if left ungroomed. I guess we should plant more vegetation between races, and leave time for it to grow.