Barcia’s stock motor?

Toddco327

PR Addict
I was really surprised to hear about Barcia running a stock motor and chassis on his SX bike. But after listening to him talk on why he is doing that makes sense.

He’s an aggressive rider and to have all that power would change your style quite a bit. But now that he has “less” power he can really attack the track and push the bike while keeping his aggressive riding style is a great plan. We will see how it works for him this season.

P.s. I’m a huge Barcia fan.

GoFar

PR Member
If I remember correctly, didn't Wilson want his bike detuned when he joined the factory team because he didn't like all the power?

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I think 450's have plenty for anyone, and with the ability to tune them with fuel injection, they can make it fit the rider. The big difference is their suspension vs stock suspension. That works stuff for SX is so stiff that it would suck for all of us mere mortals that ride outdoors.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Since when?
Not for me of course, but I'm special!!!! I just like huge amounts of bottom torque and don't like to rev stuff very high, and the easiest way to get that is with a big bore. Overall power #'s are there in 450's just not where I want it!!! And I'm trying with an ignition that I can change the info next season to see if I can just leave this Husky a 450. We shall see!