Knee brace sizing/reviews

ktrop251

PR Member
I've always worn knee gaurds with a hinge but mine are pretty old and just getting old. I tried the leatt z frames and the rs9 from evs. I wasnt thrilled with the fit of either of them. One felt too small and one felt too big. Thinking it's time to spend a little extra and get a nice pair of braces. I like the look and idea of the mobius but I'm not sure since their a newer brand and I've heard a lot of guys complain about their pants getting caught in the patella cup and not being able to extend their leg.

Anyone have any experience with evs axis? I'm right between a small and medium in the axis.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Depends on what you’re looking for in a brace. I’ve had both CTI and Donjoy. If your looking for support (I’ve had knee surgery) I prefer the donjoy. The cti is a little bulky but you can get accessories like a cup for the knee. I don’t have one on my donjoy but to be honest I’ve never looked for one. I’ve never tried any of the others you mentioned but the ones I’ve used I like the donjoy better cuz I feel my knee is supported better than the CTI

jj584

PR Addict
My son had those. I don't recommend them, the liner is held on by Velcro and they fall apart very quickly. It was less than ten rides, called EVS they sent us a repair kit. That lasted about 4 rides, complained again and they sent out new braces. Again with the ten rides and I gave up.

ken

PR Member
cant say enough how comfortable the Mobius are, the pants catching in the patella has been corrected, they seem to be protective, sizes run big so do the measuring process...meaning most adults wear a mediuim.

saplakc

PR Addict
I have cti2 customs and love them. I have used EVS visions prior to that which were a little more bulky. My son is on his second set of POD which are similar to the CTI construction wise. Both have been good.

ktrop251

PR Member
My son had those. I don't recommend them, the liner is held on by Velcro and they fall apart very quickly. It was less than ten rides, called EVS they sent us a repair kit. That lasted about 4 rides, complained again and they sent out new braces. Again with the ten rides and I gave up.

When I tried the rs9 on they fit like garbage and they seemed really cheap. I just figured the higher end brace would be better. Thanks for the info! I definitely want something with the least amount of maintenance required.

ktrop251

PR Member
cant say enough how comfortable the Mobius are, the pants catching in the patella has been corrected, they seem to be protective, sizes run big so do the measuring process...meaning most adults wear a mediuim.
I may have to bite the bullet and give them a shot. I get a discount on them through hookit but they're still a little over $400 for the pair.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
That’s going rate tho. The new pods are like 3-400 a side. The old pods I still wear. They’re low profile enough where they don’t bother me. But I got chicken legs too. I wear smalls. Decent impact protection and they’re not as ridgid. I like the more flex than the carbon fiber ones.

Let me know how the möbius are if ya get them.

ktrop251

PR Member
That’s going rate tho. The new pods are like 3-400 a side. The old pods I still wear. They’re low profile enough where they don’t bother me. But I got chicken legs too. I wear smalls. Decent impact protection and they’re not as ridgid. I like the more flex than the carbon fiber ones.

Let me know how the möbius are if ya get them.
I have small legs too. I'll probably end up getting mediums or smalls. I'm in the same boat. I dont want something so rigid it causes breaks. Just something with some support and good impact protection.

I'll get them at some point this winter and let you know

Matt Berger

PR Member
I wear the EVS axis sports. I love mine, honestly no complaints. I bought them slightly used and have been wearing them for about 2 seasons now and are still in great shape.

I actually have a pair of mediums that are in good shape that I am trying to sell.

jj584

PR Addict
I just ordered some Mobius for the kid. I’ll have some size medium EVS I’ll sell. Maybe somebody will love them more he does.