OMA and CRA Question

TB018

PR Member
Its been a few years since I have really gone racing. I took some time off after my son went to college, and then the Air Force which took him away from racing. I still had two girls at home that were into sports and went on to play in college for a while, so moving away from racing was not a big deal for me.

About 2 years ago, life had settled down for me, and I got the bug again. I bought a trailer and 2 bikes (450 and 250F's) from a past racing friend and co-worker. My son, still in theAir Force split the cost with me and I gave him the 250 and the trailer. He started riding again and so did I. Since then I raced once or twice at Smith Rd. and competed in a Fire and Police Benefit race.

This year though I decided to start hitting a few races for myself for the fun of it, enjoying a day at the track once a week or so, in spite of my lack of talent. My son will be back eventually (stationed in Japan right now), and I have a 3 year old grandson, so I know MX is something that will be coming back around for me. I would love to be able to share the sport with my grandson soon.

So, a few weeks ago I satt down to map out the MX season with my work schedule and write down all of the OMA races on my calendar. The CRA schedule was not out yet so I waited. Today I saw that CRA had posted a schedule so I began to write down all of their MX races on my calendar and noticed that only Pymatuning is having MX races.

Its been a few years since my son and I raced regularly. We mostly raced CRA and a few outlaws when we could find them. OMA was just in its infancy when we stooped racing, but what has happened in the years I have been gone? I only just got back to Pit Racer this past year. Is CRA a Hare scramble only organization now with one MX track? Is OMA the only MX racing offered in NE Ohio area? I figured that OMA would be where I did most of my organized racing events, but I though I might be able hit a few other races as they might have fit better into my work and family schedule. WTF?

Im 50 plus now, not very good, average to just below average riding ability and not chasing points at all, so I am not bound to any certain series or organization. Just lookig to enjoy the sport and the people again.

WOW, a lot has changed since I've been gone.