Barcia the only one who can get a Yamaha to move.

Toddco327

PR Addict
I wanted to post this a while back but was waiting for more evidence to prove my point.

Barcia is the only 450 rider that can actually get that bike to do anything. Tickle got 10th but overall over the past 2 years Barcia is the only rider that can make that bike do anything. How did Yamaha go from one of the best to not.

Is it the bike or rider talent? Hopefully next year Dylan makes something happen cuz it’s hard to argue that he’s not the fastest man on the 250. Just wondering what he will do on the 450

tank166

PR Addict
I think the bike looks good this year because rv has been testing and set it up. I like barca but he may not be the best tester. I still don't understand why yamaha has the best suspension and plessinger would run air forks?

weaver658

PR Member
It will be interesting to see what star racing does when it takes over the 450 factory team in 21. I believe you will see barcia on a gas gas and Dylan on a Yamaha.

tj131

PR Member
I rode a newer Ktm 350, crf450 and my 18 yz450f back to back to back this weekend (all stock). I can assure you the Yamaha at least in stock form is an amazing machine.

Toddco327

PR Addict
I get Barcia is going to Gas Gas but the question still remains. Why has nobody been able to win on the 450? There have been multiple riders on the bike that haven’t been able to do anything. When was the last time they won a 450 championship? Suzuki has won more than them in the last 10yrs and that bike hasn’t changed once. Well I guess the blue is darker on the graphics, still.

I’m not bashing Yamaha but like a post I made earlier about KTM taking over the industry the proof is in the results.

tj131

PR Member
Barcia didn’t win on factory red or yellow. Yamaha hasn’t had a Villiopoto, dungey, or Tomac Caliber rider since James imo. I will say the 10-13 model was pretty bad and they didn’t get the last gen straightened out until about the last year (17). Reed has admitted in interviews they wouldn’t let him test or change the bike like he wanted, politics sound heavy at the top. I think if you put Eli on the current Yamaha outdoors he does just fine.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I think the bike looks good this year because rv has been testing and set it up. I like barca but he may not be the best tester. I still don't understand why yamaha has the best suspension and plessinger would run air forks?

All of the star racing guys run air forks.

John250

PR Founding Father
It is talent. I believe at the factory level, all 6 brands can be won on. It boils down to training, talent and luck. Plessinger can catch a break, and keeps getting injured. Barcia is OK, but not at the level of about 4 other guys right now. Tickle? That guy is a 10 to 15 guy on any brand right now.

Dano762

PR Addict
I would love to feel what its like to run a lap at the speed of a 10-15 guy.

The pace of Barcia and Tomac during the last 8 minutes of the race Saturday was incredible. I thought Barcia was coming off his bike "Reed style" on one of the jumps.

Toddco327

PR Addict
So ultimately nobody has any idea why the Yamaha hasn’t produced the results or the following of other manufacturers. Saying Barcia isn’t the best for testing is crazy... he’s the only one that’s actually won on the bike. RV2 is a brand ambassador. Maybe he does some small stuff but ultimately he’s there to say he supports Yamaha.

John250 probably has a point in the willingness of Yamaha not letting the riders adjust the bike as they like. Given the lack of results. The lack of bikes, compared to other manufacturers in the 450 class, it has to be the design of the bike and being comfortable. Again, I’m not bashing Yamaha, but I think they made a mistake with that cylinder design and how it makes riders adjust to the ergonomics. Maybe Barcia bouncing it off the rev limiter is how it needs to be ridden.

tj131

PR Member
Yamaha hasn’t had a true Consistent championship contender since Bubba. 10-13 was terrible design. 14-17 was getting better with age. My 18 feels and handles amazing as a first year run for new gen. Also, rarely do these factory riders get to start at baseline. They load the bike up with factory parts with ballpark settings. Travis Preston tested for them not that long ago and openly said how far the wrong direction they went from stock. You put Eli on that bike he does just fine. In 2020 the bike (450) is not the issue at that level.