EROC Golf Course GP - bumped to this weekend. 09/20

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Track was gnarly - I think that helped me out a lot. It was a lot like first practice at High Point when they DROWN the track.

I love ruts.

Vet261

PR Addict
Jack, OMA actually ran a GP series like 7 years ago. The Briarcliff GP was SUPER FUN. But, the turnouts were lacking, and they didn't continue the series.
OIR -- they used to run hare scrambles back in the day. I almost forgot about that, I wonder if all those old trails are still there?

Grears could be a really fun GP.

Me playing tag with Mike Wheeler on his old Maico (before crashing) BC GP 2013

Vet261

PR Addict
Still the most fun GP I've raced I think is TVLand, I really wish he still ran that race!!! I will say though the DITD Down South was really fun but we didn't get to race it because of covid, just practice.

I'm planning on doing some of the Sprint Enduros next year, they look really fun and I like the single-file starting. Planning on some of the National ones as well as the Michigan series.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Jack, OMA actually ran a GP series like 7 years ago. The Briarcliff GP was SUPER FUN. But, the turnouts were lacking, and they didn't continue the series.
OIR -- they used to run hare scrambles back in the day. I almost forgot about that, I wonder if all those old trails are still there?

Grears could be a really fun GP.

Me playing tag with Mike Wheeler on his old Maico (before crashing) BC GP 2013

Why didn't the turnouts for the OMA work?

EROC turnouts seem to be working now.

jstory

PR Addict
Still the most fun GP I've raced I think is TVLand, I really wish he still ran that race!!! I will say though the DITD Down South was really fun but we didn't get to race it because of covid, just practice.

I'm planning on doing some of the Sprint Enduros next year, they look really fun and I like the single-file starting. Planning on some of the National ones as well as the Michigan series.

I've been running the Full Gas Sprint Enduros the last couple years. Its a really format. I think itsagood transition into offroad for moto guys. I got a little burnt out racing moto with all the sitting around and switched to mostly offroad. After figuring out the bike set up side of it its been really fun. Its amazing how a few tweaks in you set up can make all the difference in your comfort level. Last year I ran 40+B and ended up second. This year I was bumped to 40+A and ended up 8th for the year. There are some crazy fast vet offroad guys out there. These races remind me of moto in the 80's, really laid back and a friendly atmosphere. I hope more of these start running locally.

Vet261

PR Addict
I'm a bit burned out on moto as well. I've been riding and racing for so long, it's just fun to do different stuff. Getting the new bike has been motivation for me to get back into some of these other events because of the light weight and magic button.

Not sure why the OMA GPs didn't work, but they really just didn't get a great amount of racers. Probably just a timing thing, GPs and all this stuff wasn't as hot as it is now. Heck, the GNCC's pull over 1,000 amateurs regularly now.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Different types of riding / racing can be lots of fun depending mostly on your mentality of what you enjoy. Die hard MX racers say they have to have a race in order to have fun, and even though 99% of my racing experience over the years is MX, I have had tons of fun riding other types of events and just riding. Other than MX, I have done harescrambles, GNCC, old fashion time keeping enduros, dual sport rides, GP races, EROC Races, team races, trials events, trail riding, and practice riding, I wanted to do one of those extreme indoor enduros, but never got the chance. I can honestly say that I have as much fun doing almost every kind of riding as I do at a good MX Race, because I think I just like to ride. I can spend a day riding with my dad and his buddies (all older and slower that never jump anything) in the woods trail riding, and it's just as enjoyable as a good moto day battling someone for the checkered flag first. Don't limit yourself, and all of the other stuff will make you a better rider in the end. Z-man and I never laughed so hard the day we were trials riders and trash talking each other through each "test". We had no idea what we were doing, learned on the fly, listened to the regular trials guys for tips, and had an absolute blast in a event that we had no idea what we were doing or how it even operates. I learned a lot that day, and never stopped smiling and laughing all day long. Get outside your comfort zone, try something new, and you might be surprised how it makes you a better rider in the end on the MX track.