Helmets, now accepting your 2 cents.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
You need to ask your son how it feels to him on his head and push the helmet from each side, front and back, and see if it gets "loose" anywhere while doing that. I say a good thing is when it's brand new that it feels snug on the head, because the padding certainly does give a little bit after break in and get a bit bigger after it's been worn a bit.

honda907

PR Addict
I have been wearing Shoeis for the past 5 years. I just switched to a Fly helmet. My kid wore Shoei since 2012. Last one with MEDS. He had concussion , not blacking out, but didn't know where he was and called me from PA and was scared. He bought a formula right after they were introduced.

I have gotten up everytime with the Shoes helmets, the last 2 with MEDS. You can send them in and have Shoei check them out. They are always compromised. I get up, finish, but go to la la land and 2 years ago I told my new wife I wasn't married to you, I was married to my ex. It cleared up after a half hour. I actually won the race as I fell on the last turn, and I remember finishing, but then it all went blank after I got off the track. 2018.

My current Shoei helmet isn't compromised, but I do have trouble with the liner fitting above my forehead. The plastic just wears out and comes out of the shell. Inconvenient. Get tired of buying a liner. I included a pic

I'll agree with Hershey. Those Airhoh helmets I think are the best. Small in diameter so less torque on your neck in a fall compared to a 6D. I just can't find them in the USA. I broke one badly when my 2015 Yamaha 450 frame broke in 2. I didn't get a concussion, but the helmet was literally in 2 pieces.

I tried on a 6D and a Formula, and the 6D viewport felt confining. Terrible viewport. I bought the Fly Formula for that reason. Otherwise I would have bought a 6D

1602725932358250592772427514264.jpg

ktrop251

PR Member
I have been in the vfx-w and vfx-evo for about 10 years and I'd never look back. I haven't crash tested them but as far as fitment goes, they are awesome. I wore six six one for a long time before those and I definitely had a couple dingers. Bell helmets don't feel like they come down far enough on my jaw line but I also have an egg shaped melon.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Shoei Evo is a great helmet. Haven’t found anything like it as far as fitment on my head goes.
Wore the vfx-r for years and started wanting a helmet with a little newer technology behind it, the Evo answered my call(fits just like the vfx-r as well).

The helmet liner can be finicky to snap into place, but that’s my only complaint.

Haven’t researched the Alpinestars helmets at all yet, but those have peaked my interest a bit lately.