Team MCR update

John250

PR Founding Father
A few things in here caught my attention listening. It does not sound like any of the riders besides Freise will be on the new 2021 Honda. Sounds like he will be developing the bike all season, and the others will be on 2020 models? Am I hearing that correctly?

I also thought it was interesting that he said that doing motocross made zero financial sense, and that it cost way more to race the outdoor series than than SX. That being said, he siad they were happy to be back in motocross for 2021, so they must have got some support for it. But honestly sounds like they will lose money riding motocross.

Any you wonder why teams like JGR are going away? JGR is a for profit business. They make money racing Nascar. In motocross, you spend money with little to no return. For a professional sport, that needs to change.

motomatt19

PR Member
Tony said there's not enough parts out there to support the 21, which there isn't that's a completely different bike and they've got everything they need for the 2020. Coy said he's been breaking even for 2yrs and yeah they can't get corporate sponsor, that's only gonna get worse unfortunately with Google. Myself included when advertising you can absolutely zero in on your target audience with Google advertising. If I want to target a single mom that makes 75k a year that likes pottery barn she'll start seeing pop up ads from me! It's crazy... they don't need 20yr old racers in empty stadium's

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Unfortunately we can’t wish profit making enterprises in racing.

allow these teams to have merchandise trucks.
Allow these riders to sell their jerseys. Or jackets.
NASCAR Atleast gets it right. actual fans that dont race will be drawn to the stadiums.

We as riders are dousche bags. To keep the blood pumping we need fans.