Mecum Auction 2021

Dano762

PR Addict
My selling process = post a bike for sale....and wait until Dano can't resist any longer and I get the message "OK...I want it....." :cool:
I thought about your message for a while and then the answer hit me. Anyone that has seen the quality of your work knows the bikes are at such a high level.

I am working my way through a Pre-Modern race season on the 85 RM 125 I got from you. AND wow I waited far too long to race a bike with the Full Floater Suspension - 7 more races this season - Unadilla, Red Bud, Diamond Dons included! Can't wait.

IMG_0406.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0410.jpg

Vet261

PR Addict
Nice, but remember I didn't build that bike! Glad you like it.

You should swap out the footpegs since you enjoy it and want to race it more.

Dano762

PR Addict
Hey Dano.......would look nice in your living room!

View attachment 72463
It would make a fine stablemate for the 92s and delight Jennifer so much in the living room - but I should be selling and not buying.

Things that I'll never get around to working on or use. Like the 84 YZ125 in the back ground or the barn find 79 KX125.

IMG_1730.JPG
IMG_2933.JPG

79kx1.jpg

k01

PR Elite
the 84 YZ125 in the back ground
What's the story with the YZ 125? The greatest weak link for my '83 has now been repaired. Hidden rust inside the frame. No way for this area to drain. Big open holes on top but no weep holes on the bottom. Bad design!
IMG_20210508_141619921~2.jpg

John250

PR Founding Father
It would make a fine stablemate for the 92s and delight Jennifer so much in the living room - but I should be selling and not buying.

Things that I'll never get around to working on or use. Like the 84 YZ125 in the back ground or the barn find 79 KX125.

View attachment 72465View attachment 72466
View attachment 72467
Dano, Nice bikes. But man, those '92 Suzuki RMs have got to go down in history as some of the ugliest motocross bikes ever.

Dano762

PR Addict
What's the story with the YZ 125? The greatest weak link for my '83 has now been repaired. Hidden rust inside the frame. No way for this area to drain. Big open holes on top but no weep holes on the bottom. Bad design
Interesting and a good repair - I don't know if this one has a similar issue - will look.

Trying to remember where you are in Ohio. We have ridden together at Camp Cattail.

I am in Northern KY, close to Cincinnati, and ride at club called Saddleback East - can bring guests. If you would like to come down, we can ride and can show you the bike(s). Plus introduce you to Cincinnati Chili if you have been exposed already.

I'll PM my contact information.

k01

PR Elite
Interesting and a good repair - I don't know if this one has a similar issue - will look.

Trying to remember where you are in Ohio. We have ridden together at Camp Cattail.

Stronger than ever, inside and outside now. Mine started as rusted thread inserts and progressed to horizontal cracks in the pressed steel area
I'm in Central and SE Ohio.
IMG_20210508_150349138~2.jpg