Langston is done announcing

John250

PR Founding Father
Ironic, Heather is a teacher and wearing masks actually makes it extremely difficult to teach. The kids are constantly asking what she said and she can't hear them well either. It's amazing how much the human brain relys on seeing mouth moments to understand words at times.
I truly believe younger students need to see facial expressions in the learning process. Its crazy we are masking young children that have a .000028% of death. Nuts. They have a better chance of being muled to death by a pit bull.

HalfPint

PR Addict
Ironic, Heather is a teacher and wearing masks actually makes it extremely difficult to teach. The kids are constantly asking what she said and she can't hear them well either. It's amazing how much the human brain relys on seeing mouth moments to understand words at
i worked in a cast iron foundry for 29 years,wore a 3m mask everyday inside a helmet with filtered air circulating in it and dust still got in my nose so i don't understand how they think that the mask is going to stop the virus from getting in or out!!!

k01

PR Elite
i worked in a cast iron foundry for 29 years,wore a 3m mask everyday inside a helmet with filtered air circulating in it and dust still got in my nose so i don't understand how they think that the mask is going to stop the virus from getting in or out!!!
Or just look at simple mask hygiene. I have yet to see most people using a mask properly, adults or kids. All kinds of things are placed and held directly on the face just through improper mask use. Exactly what you don't want to do...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Here’s some hands on anecdotals for you:

This is what I had to do in a covid ER. Back when there was no PPE available. And the mask filter was rated for 40’hours. I was there for 91 days near Boston. Then did another tour in New Mexico for 112. Then headquarters in San Antonio leading the vaccine site stand up (we had one in Cleveland, opened and shut that one down). 12-15 hours a day direct patient care. No vaccine available at the time. Get in there and work they said, this is war. People will die. A d that’s what we did twice. In Boston and New Mexico.

I was the chief nursing officer for that task force. I mandated we all wear these 3m with filters that I sourced on Amazon.
Thankfully none on my team even got sick or died. We protected our t zone and provided round the clock care 24-7 for 91 days. Ended up getting a joint service award, AAM and AFRAM and some other awards for those tours

appreciate your support. Not looking for a thank you for your service though. This is just what we did and looking back it was a blast. Sucked when we were there but wow did I grow and learn things I never thought I’d ever have to learn in terms of leadership, personelle management and disease prevention.

There’s nothing wrong with autonomy and freedom of choice. In this country we have access to information mostly for free. It isn’t filtered by the state (like China) we can get facts and we can get the research. This country is built on autonomy, and I’d love to keep it that way. You want the shot. Get it. You don’t want it ? That’s fine too. You did your research. God bless the USA.
A5A7B0A7-7030-48D0-AF27-BEA0FEDAFDDC.jpeg
71FBBC26-B45F-4624-9E9A-FA522CCCAE7B.jpeg
E3161B4D-8DC8-4293-89D8-37EA008BAF30.jpeg
BF4C2324-6679-42E8-ABEC-15F3A034756D.jpeg
8A8D7D30-BBBB-42BA-84AE-630B6B55B781.jpeg
686150E0-8115-4994-896A-9F597F8D6EDD.jpeg
89C9A883-3901-46F0-B683-55EBDCA4F74A.jpeg
1EAD7948-26FF-43CF-B1BC-15F2F8E83F6E.jpeg
4DFA7172-F003-40D5-ADE1-47028D266243.jpeg
E303ED85-8728-4B89-8833-FDCE5E81BF49.jpeg
AD05FB12-4571-467D-AF97-3AA3CF653F9D.jpeg
D2C33CEA-9D6A-4DB0-88F3-010491A58487.jpeg
218D1D59-B5C9-4D48-A62D-0FAA48EE4C69.jpeg
F3C1E29F-5ADE-4700-B316-7B217E19C71B.jpeg
BAC61DF1-BADE-4A0C-BFA0-42E6EB330877.jpeg
147BE0D2-D1FD-45DE-AFB8-B551F34F2E61.jpeg

Last edited:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Did you have others spit, saliva, and "droplets" in your nose?!?!?

HalfPint

PR Addict
What all goes on in a cast iron foundry?
they use a lot of sand for making the molds and cores for the castings,after the castings are made they go thru a shot blast machine to clean off the sand which has turned black from the hot iron , then they go to grinding to remove the excess metal and any sand the shot blast didn't remove! i worked on the shot blast machines and in the grinding department , both jobs had a lot of dust floating around

Ron505

PR Founding Father
they use a lot of sand for making the molds and cores for the castings,after the castings are made they go thru a shot blast machine to clean off the sand which has turned black from the hot iron , then they go to grinding to remove the excess metal and any sand the shot blast didn't remove! i worked on the shot blast machines and in the grinding department , both jobs had a lot of dust floating around
I don't know how you did that for so long. I lasted one month in a foundry in grinding when I was young.

k01

PR Elite
That sounds right. Think Scoob had it confused with the Provincetown Covid outbreak.
public_upload.jpg

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I don't believe anything anyone says any more (TV, radio, social media, etc...), except my Step-father that is a retired College Professor of some kind of science, can't remember his exact title. We are on opposite sides when it comes to politics, but I got my shots. Ba-a-a-a-a-a

So, how about that Langston.
I heard a wise man say you can’t believe anything you’ve heard and only half of what you see!!! I agree.

mshafer62

PR Addict
Langston was mentioned in Cycle News this week for other reasons...

With Dylan Ferrandis capturing the current 450 title, Langston was the last Yamaha rider to do so back in 2007.
Before that, it was Doug Henry on the YZ400 in 1998, then Broc Glover in 1985, and Rick Johnson back in 1984

Last edited:

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Langston was mentioned in Cycle News this week for other reasons...

With Dylan Ferrandis capturing the current 450 title, Langston was the last Yamaha rider to do so back in 2007.
Before that, it was Doug Henry on the YZ400 in 1998, then Broc Glover in 1985, and Rick Johnson back in 1985
So what did Stewart race in 08? wasn’t that his perfect season on a Yamaha? I thought Suzuki came later.

Lakota837

PR Member
My niece is an ER nurse. Works 4 12's a week usually. She said they get people in with side effects of the vaccine every day. Her words, there is no way in hell she is taking it. She is 24 years old and never had kids.

Her employer is requiring the shot. Her and a TON of others in the Kettering Health Network are filing religious exemptions.

I met with State Rep Lampton today. The state passed legislation to prevent public schools and universities from mandating the shot. All the state colleges announced yesterday that students must be vaccinated by October 15th. The legislation becomes law on October 13th. So I asked if these students wait it out, and get past October 13th if they are good. He is not sure. He is going to check to see if it was only for emergency use vaccines or included FDA approved. I have 3 kids in college. They do not want the vaccine. So I am hoping this covers them, and perhaps the schools are just hoping kids get the shot before the law goes into effect.
John, have you heard nay updates on this as I have a son at OSU.

John250

PR Founding Father
John, have you heard nay updates on this as I have a son at OSU.
I emailed who I was told to email at UC, and they forwarded my questions onto the Dean of Students office for an answer. I am going to try to call the deans office today.