KX450SR

mshafer62

PR Addict
Wow, that is very trick!

Ran across this yesterday, Possibly a working man's version?

Same price as a '22 OTD? (They must have sold off the parts they replaced)

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Yeah compared to the monster edition yamahas.

I just can’t see how a 13k dirt bike is going to make my riding any better. The only people that can afford those things are vet riders.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
It's not stick & ball cheap, no.
But, it's still less expensive than MOST any other motor sport.
Let's' not even talk Bicycles..... that's flat out nuts.

If this "inflation" thing kicks in - hold on tight.

Anytime we lose value on the dollar Dirt Bikes come out the other side costing TONS more.
....and that in turn, start's the decline in participation..

hershey

PR Elite
The Rockstar edition is 11k and offers all that except the valving and clutch. For an extra 1k I got over 3k in parts. It's a no Brainerd if you have the extra 1k to spend.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
It's not stick & ball cheap, no.
But, it's still less expensive than MOST any other motor sport.
Let's' not even talk Bicycles..... that's flat out nuts.

If this "inflation" thing kicks in - hold on tight.

Anytime we lose value on the dollar Dirt Bikes come out the other side costing TONS more.
....and that in turn, start's the decline in participation..

I never really though about how much bikes went up after the last recession but that's a really good point.

I think about younger guys like me who are supposed to be working in the trades, buying houses, starting families, driving cars.......add on another 10 grand for a dirt bike? No way forget about it.

It feels like dirt bikes are creeping away from those guys. Motocross was always blue collar.

Meister

PR Founding Father
From what I gather, the only thing it has over the Honda is the XTrigs and renthal rear sprocket. I didn't read that the kaw has anything hinson inside the clutch like the Honda (basket).

hershey

PR Elite
I never really though about how much bikes went up after the last recession but that's a really good point.

I think about younger guys like me who are supposed to be working in the trades, buying houses, starting families, driving cars.......add on another 10 grand for a dirt bike? No way forget about it.

It feels like dirt bikes are creeping away from those guys. Motocross was always blue collar.
The 4 strikes ruined that, I think it's one reason 2 strokes are making a comeback. Cheaper to repair, if you find a fixer upper that needs a top and bottom end you can still fix it and be under it's value.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
From what I gather, the only thing it has over the Honda is the XTrigs and renthal rear sprocket. I didn't read that the kaw has anything hinson inside the clutch like the Honda (basket).

KYB suspension on it as well in lieu of showa that comes stock on the kx450.

hershey

PR Elite
I thought it said the kawi had the full Hinson clutch

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Recession refers to an overall drop in economic activity as a result of a drop in the Gross Domestic Product for two consecutive quarters and is measured by Gross Domestic Product.
Inflation refers to an increase in the price of products and services over a period of time in an economy.

Many younger guys haven't been through an "inflationary" cycle - it's brutal

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I called a suzuki shop in WV for shits and giggles - 8600 out the door.

I laughed and said that usually shops want to game on suzukis and I have seen them go for $5500 in the past.....his exact words......

"Different times man."

John250

PR Founding Father
Wait till the "Infrastructure" Bill is passed. All these new taxes, mandates. Mileage taxes. How many people are gonna want to drive 200 or 300 miles a weekend to race? We will see a decline in participation.