50 SX Deck Measurement and Timing Tool?

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Well, I have found another couple reasons I do like maintaining 50's.... Those KTM piston pin circlips are bastards. Even if I do one more top end, as much as I hate to say I am willing to pat with the $50 to buy one, but I am getting the circlip tool they have out there. Even if using the tool is 1/2 as easy as the vids show, I'll be head of the game...:mad:

Second, I need that Deck and Timing Tool. Anyone know where I might be able to get one in short order? I would have had the bike back together last night if I didn't need this nonesense. Sure, I could've just put all 3 gaskets on there or did some squish test dealio with a piece of solder, but I've taken shortcuts here before and this tool seems to be the easiest way to make sure I do not blow a brand new top end...

I am in Heath, Ohio and called both Wheelsports and Iron Pony with no luck. Figured I'd give this a shot as well. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/tusk-deck-and-timing-tool-p?v=8661

Laters.

Thanks. I think I managed for now. Actually not sure if it's the same or not. Was thinking no, but...after looking it up, looks like it is the same.

I've seen them in parts catalogs, etc., but did not realize what it was and what is was actually used for until getting to the nitty gritty this past week.

Thanks man.

Well, I have found another couple reasons I do like maintaining 50's.... Those KTM piston pin circlips are bastards. Even if I do one more top end, as much as I hate to say I am willing to pat with the $50 to buy one, but I am getting the circlip tool they have out there. Even if using the tool is 1/2 as easy as the vids show, I'll be head of the game...:mad:

Second, I need that Deck and Timing Tool. Anyone know where I might be able to get one in short order? I would have had the bike back together last night if I didn't need this nonesense. Sure, I could've just put all 3 gaskets on there or did some squish test dealio with a piece of solder, but I've taken shortcuts here before and this tool seems to be the easiest way to make sure I do not blow a brand new top end...

I am in Heath, Ohio and called both Wheelsports and Iron Pony with no luck. Figured I'd give this a shot as well. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/tusk-deck-and-timing-tool-p?v=8661

Laters.
Lol....you haven't even gotten started yet.

65s will be the greatest thing ever for you. Until you get to 85s. Gets easier every step.

Back