Supercross futures

hershey

PR Elite
Can anyone tell me why the futures events are now being held on MX tracks? I thought the entire point was to get riders used to SX style tracks and gain points for a pro license??

John250

PR Founding Father
Can anyone tell me why the futures events are now being held on MX tracks? I thought the entire point was to get riders used to SX style tracks and gain points for a pro license??
The qualifiers for the futures are on MX tracks. The whole thing is stupid. I could come up with a better program for the futures events.

Vet261

PR Addict
I'd be willing to bet it has to do with Covid restrictions, or at least avoiding having to deal with a big problem from any restrictions that get put into place.

They can hold the qualifiers on outdoor tracks already running amateur events. Then for the Futures Final they only have to deal with that select group of racers at the stadium and whatever restrictions could be in play while also fitting that one race group into the normal Saturday program.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
What I don’t understand is they have rcsx every year and this year they don’t have it as a futures race. Makes no sense at all

Meister

PR Founding Father
I was totally in to riding a couple for fun, but the stupid way they're doing it this year took the appeal away pretty fast. Did I also read that futures will race on Saturday on the pro track? Some people about to get a reality check if that's the case lol. Better have multiple ambos on stand by...

They better not lump Daytona into that type of s**t show.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I was totally in to riding a couple for fun, but the stupid way they're doing it this year took the appeal away pretty fast. Did I also read that futures will race on Saturday on the pro track? Some people about to get a reality check if that's the case lol. Better have multiple ambos on stand by...

They better not lump Daytona into that type of s**t show.
They need multiple ambulances for the pros on supercross can’t imagine the amateurs