OMG. Ice Cube and NASCAR. I have officially seen it all

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Because everyone knows they have the exact same fan base.
Every shot of the crowd = 1 person dancing and 30 people behind them with a WTF look in their face.
That’s it, I am officially moving to a cabin in the woods of Montana.

John250

PR Founding Father
Because everyone knows they have the exact same fan base.
Every shot of the crowd = 1 person dancing and 30 people behind them with a WTF look in their face.
That’s it, I am officially moving to a cabin in the woods of Montana.

I am one of the people on Pitracer that is a big Nascar fan. It's for sure not what it was in the 90s and early 2000's for sure. I do not care for a lot of the changes that they have made in recent years. But still a fan. That race in the Coliseum was not good in my opinion. Boring to watch, and the whole, stop and take a break for Ice Cube was ridiculous. I do not watch racing to see a singer half way through a race. I go for the racing.

I get it was a "show" but was not my cup of tea. I am one of the old school fans online that people post that we should just go away if we do not like change. I would argue though, that Nascar is running the real fan base that spends the money off. That being said, I will be in Daytona in two weeks for the 500, and hopefully it will be a good race.

Nascar tends to give away lots of tickets to fill the stands and my guess would be this race was one of those. Remember that old saying "better be careful what you ask for because you may get what you don't want".

Last edited:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I can't say I was not like, "Whaaatttt???", although not for the reason you think. I had a big smile on my face and was texting my father in law making fun. I'm OK with the 'Cube, used to be more down with his raps, but was just curious how many true NASCAR fans were back in the day and/or today. Further, in the comment about giving tiks away, how many in the stands, that weren't very full, just took the ticket and had to Google what NASCAR was before they went...lol.

I did notice the cars. Pretty much IMSA cars now (i.e. rear transaxle, and one nut tire changes) with a Ford, Chevy, or Toyota composite body on them?? Definitely not the NASCAR of yesterday, but we're not living in the times of yesterday are we.

I did like Mike Joy's comment after Ice Cube's performance that Busch and Logano "better check themselves before they wreck themselves"...hahaha

Next thing will be all electric SX races...lol.

John250

PR Founding Father
I 100% agree. They are IMSA cars now, 100%. Will be interesting to see how they draft at Daytona. I am not a fan of the new car.