Smith Road: Sunday (5/22) from 12-5pm

George is probably rolling in his grave! Wednesday night is practice night and Sundays are for racing!

Did the neighbors finally bitch enough to stop Sunday racing? SNiveling Bitches!

Honestly I don’t think Sunday racing has happened in my life time perhaps when I was a baby/toddler I was born in ‘82 so I’m not sure when exactly it stopped but a minimum of 20 years since there was Sunday races at Smith Road. I know it was long before my dad took over in any case but Wednesdays are always the practice night when weather cooperates

That's sad. Why have open practice nights without Sunday races to prove what your practice is developing into? Are the other Ohio tracks limited to three races per year? Are they still operational? I live in Montana now so I am out of the loop. Thanks for your time. Ronster

I don’t know of any tracks that race every week around here some don’t have races at all. We aren't limited in when we can be open but we prefer the 3 races a lot goes into races these days it’s a whole different world and it’s expensive both to put on a race and for people to race. I’d say during the race season avid motocross riders race every weekend sometimes they hit 2/3 races in a weekend but they are traveling all over Ohio and the region to do so. Practice is like with any sport tracks have weekday practice and people hit a few practices a week as you do with any sport to sharpen your skills

I am glad to hear that your family still operates the track to provide a place to ride. Many riders aren't actually entering races but just need a place to ride. I grew up on Boston Rd. in Brunswick Hills. We enjoyed thousands of acres and literally hundreds of miles of trails, in addition to the motocross tracks we constructed on private property the trails interconnected. We had a riders paradise. Smith Rd. Raceway was our, "REAL" link to motocross on a professional level. George ran a great track and every Sunday the entire area riders showed up. Many of my friends went on to become State Champions and National Pro Riders competing in both the Outdoor Motocross and Supercross Series, as a result of the skills they honed at Smith Rd. Raceway. And National Champions would also come to Smith Road Raceway to practice in between Pro Races.

I agree, motocross has gone through many changes and to be able to race at all in today's political environment is a good thing. I hope you and your family can continue to provide opportunity at Smith Rd. Raceway for the riders of the future. Thanks for your replies, Ronster

Back