HIGH POINT NATIONAL

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Kind of wish we were going, but again, insert freaking little league baseball...of which we'd be hitting Malvern otherwise, so a cool third place...or second loser on our schedule...me likey the jam on the vid...

2022 HIGH POINT NATIONAL PRE-RACE REPORT: TV SCHEDULE, INJURED LIST & MORE

TAKE AN ANIMATED LAP OF SATURDAY’S HIGH POINT NATIONAL MOTOCROSS TRACK

2022 450 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS STANDINGS
(After 3 of 12 rounds)
1. Chase Sexton (Hon)…134
2. Ken Roczen (Hon)…129
3. Eli Tomac (Yam)…120
4. Jason Anderson (Kaw)…111
5. Christian Craig (Yam)…92
6. Tony Cairol (KTM)…89
7. Ryan Dungey (KTM)…89
8. Justin Barcia (Gas)…74
9. Aaron Plessinger (KTM)…72
10. Shane McElrath (Hus)…65

2022 250 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS STANDINGS
(After 3 of 12 rounds)
1. Jett Lawrence (Hon)…139
2. Hunter Lawrence (Hon)…127
3. Jo Shimoda (Kaw)…101
4. Levi Kitchen (Yam)…100
5. Justin Cooper (Yam)…100
6. Michael Mosiman (Gas)…81
7. Seth Hammaker (Kaw)…77
8. Stilez Robertson (Hus)…74
9. Max Vohland (KTM)…63
10. Pierce Brown (Gas)…58

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
When. Matthew was very young we talked about how baseball and racing just did not work well together. He had to decide which one he wanted to do. It's the same season.

Football and basketball never interfered near as much.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Kind of wish we were going, but again, insert freaking little league baseball...of which we'd be hitting Malvern otherwise, so a cool third place...or second loser on our schedule...me likey the jam on the vid...
Hoback Little League park and the grandkids has owned my life for the last 7 years.
Sad when everybody down there knows you by first name.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Hoback Little League park and the grandkids has owned my life for the last 7 years.
Sad when everybody down there knows you by first name.
Not sad...just not as cool as it is when everyone at the MX track knows you by first name or your Pitracer name...lol. ;)

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I have really enjoyed the past 5 years at the ball park. Zero debt, home in 3 hours and already talking to schools at the next level.
At his size it is better to crush baseballs then an 85.
1655410076947.png

NQ1965

PR Elite
I love baseball as much as dirt bikes. Always have.
I played through to Varsity. Played post-high school softball a couple years. Our kids played ball through varsity. And now the grandkids.
With seven grandkids and seven years straight, I just sort of feel like I'm stuck in Little League purgatory now.

I actually informed the head coach and our kids back in February that I was pulling back from ball a bit this year, to help me tend to other priorities. Particularly to be there more for my parents who are 76 and 81yrs old.
Less time at the ballpark, more time for everything else that's important. Hasn't worked out though. Our kids' jobs keep them from being at games and practices, so we've had to continue the season and coaching as usual.

Racing and riding dirt bikes is important also though. It's a great pastime activity when we go as a family.
I've also always felt that when the kids see me at my age, staying fit, training, and pushing myself for good results in racing that it proves the many benefits of being a competitive person. Growing old is no reason for that to change. And at this point in our life, Nancy and I would love to work in a couple summer trips to outdoor Motocross nationals. And Highpoint is one of them.

Love to make the trip to Unadilla, Hangtown, Washougal and Thunder Valley.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeppers. It's a balance...for both parent/grandparent, kid, etc. Makes it tough when the parent volunteers to assistant coach also. Kinda committed at that point to not only your kid, but the other kids as well. Now All Star season through July. In the end, it's all good. Spencer has smiles to spare...

He's recently back on the bike...has a little twitchy throttle syndrome again, but that'll go away again eventually if the damn mechanic can keep the bike running. If his rates weren't so cheap, he'd been fired a long time ago...

Oh yeah...Tomac for the win this weekend! ;)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1652920563041.jpg
    FB_IMG_1652920563041.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 32
  • FB_IMG_1652920482745.jpg
    FB_IMG_1652920482745.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 34
  • FB_IMG_1652920479864.jpg
    FB_IMG_1652920479864.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: