Yamaha

John250

PR Founding Father
Funny how people have bad mouthed the Yamaha for years now. Heavy, wide, fat, backwards engine, all the crap said. Pros can't win on it, etc.

Then Plessinger starts running great on it, DF14 wins an outdoor title on the bike. Tomac kills it in Supercross and now all indications are the outdoor title will probably be his as well.

Just goes to show you it was not the bike as much as the riders. I will admit that the Star guys give them more suspension flexibility than factory Yamaha did, but the bike has always been a great bike.

I would even argue that AP7 probably made a huge mistake leaving Star Racing in my opinion. He left for a bigger pay check I think, and it just has not worked out well. Love AP7 and I hope he gets it going, but seems to be struggling on the KTM.
And then look what Anderson is doing on the green bike compared to the Husky. Hell Husky is none existent now.

MX099

PR Addict
So in John250 world if JS7 jumps on a Suzuki next week and has a better than RD5 ride, which he would because he is still ”the fastest man on the planet“, does that make Suzuki’s better.

John250

PR Founding Father
So in John250 world if JS7 jumps on a Suzuki next week and has a better than RD5 ride, which he would because he is still ”the fastest man on the planet“, does that make Suzuki’s better.
JS7 had success on the Suzuki. My point is it is a great bike, just needed the riders. Nothing was ever wrong with the bike. JS7 got more out of the yellow bike than others probably would. Use Barcia as an example. His result are no different on the gas gas as they were on a Suzuki or Yamaha.

hershey

PR Elite
I personally think the team around the rider has more to do with how each rider does.

Good team=good results
Yes. Look at ET3, he is actually smiling for the first time now. It appears he is actually having fun as opposed to working. In the past we always joked about how serious and quiet he was when you saw him.
Funny how people have bad mouthed the Yamaha for years now. Heavy, wide, fat, backwards engine, all the crap said. Pros can't win on it, etc.

Then Plessinger starts running great on it, DF14 wins an outdoor title on the bike. Tomac kills it in Supercross and now all indications are the outdoor title will probably be his as well.

Just goes to show you it was not the bike as much as the riders. I will admit that the Star guys give them more suspension flexibility than factory Yamaha did, but the bike has always been a great bike.

I would even argue that AP7 probably made a huge mistake leaving Star Racing in my opinion. He left for a bigger pay check I think, and it just has not worked out well. Love AP7 and I hope he gets it going, but seems to be struggling on the KTM.
And then look what Anderson is doing on the green bike compared to the Husky. Hell Husky is none existent now.
So first you say it's not the bike, it's the rider. Then you finish saying it's the bike, not the rider. Lol...make up your mind.

weaver658

PR Member
Look at Eli’s starts compared to andersons. Jason isn’t the best or worst starter in the field, but has been picking himself up a lot in the first Turn.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Just like anyone that makes the top 40 there always fast but I don’t think JS7 has rode a dirtbike on a track in probably 5 years I doubt he would be able to hang with those dudes anymore

Vet261

PR Addict
bluepig.jpg

hershey

PR Elite
Just like anyone that makes the top 40 there always fast but I don’t think JS7 has rode a dirtbike on a track in probably 5 years I doubt he would be able to hang with those dudes anymore
But Dung is praised for doing just that. And JS7 was far faster, I wouldn't count him out so quickly.