Practice at OIR

hershey

PR Elite
So I wanted ride tomorrow, haven't rode but 3 times this year. Work is insane and I've been hauling the boy all over to ride and train.
Talking to a friend, his son was heading to ride at OIR tomorrow. How would anyone even know they are open? I follow them of FB, no notification. I looked on here, nothing. After talking to him, I searched their fb page and saw they are open. I don't want to go on fb and search every track I know of each week to see if they are open. Don't track owners realize fb is really a terrible marketing tool?

And when did everyone on here stop talking about riding someplace each week? That was the biggest reason I joined forever ago. I've met some great friends on here, went on a multitude of riding trips with them and met them on weekends for races and practice. I guess those are the good Ole days now.

Had to vent. See anyone going tomorrow there. Come say hi!

jfalat

PR Addict
OIR never posts practice on here..not many tracks do for some reason..I don’t understand the Facebook thing either.. to hard to find things going on…any way,have fun tomorrow should be a epic day.. bummed out I cant make it…

Vet261

PR Addict
The ship has sailed on trying to get tracks to actually promote themselves. A few do well, and they know who they are.
And it's not simply about posting here on this old website.
90% of the time on Facebook, a track being open shows up in my news feed as being open AFTER it has occurred.

The only way I ever know that OIR is open is from them posting it on Instagram. That's the only thing I ever see that actually "presents" itself to me without me going and searching it out regarding OIR being open.

MX315

PR Addict
Not to hate on this old site …But I’m pretty sure them posting on Instagram that they are open …Is seen by way more people then this site. The younger generation look at gram before pitracer any day ! And I don’t see to much promotion about getting more people on pitracer …carrying on.

hershey

PR Elite
Not to hate on this old site …But I’m pretty sure them posting on Instagram that they are open …Is seen by way more people then this site. The younger generation look at gram before pitracer any day ! And I don’t see to much promotion about getting more people on pitracer …carrying on.
Lol....like pit said, if I see anything it's usually after the event. I follow a ton of tracks and they never come up.

Back in the day, you only knew about tracks being open through word of mouth, bike shops, magazines/ news papers and by calling on the phone. It was a royal pain to search it out. When forums like this came about, it got far easier! You could come on here and know every track in a very large area that was open. I would say it was the easiest time to find open tracks.

Now we have regressed backwards. Its not as bad as it used to be but you still have to search. Honestly I wouldn't have even gone to OIR had it not been for someone else talking about them being open. Kind of forgot about the place because I never see their posts. Had a nice talk with the guy running the place, he said they ONLY post on Instagram. The first time I saw a post of theirs about today on IG was this am.

I'm just saying it sucks that tracks don't post on here more, it's far easier for riders and the audience are riders. On social media, 90% of the post views are friends of friends that follow. Most of them don't even ride.

BTW...the owner pulled me aside to talk because he saw this post, kind of ironic.

hershey

PR Elite
Can't deny that OIR chop
Got rough
Was tough
Great seeing everyone -!
moto -on !
Was a good day of riding. From what I gather, he doesn't want more exposure, the reason for limited advertising.

In the end, track owners run their facility as they like. They put in the work, take the risk and weigh the rewards. Certainly isn't easy.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Should of asked him about the Youngstown situation since everyone is curious. I’ve never been there before but I’m just thinking it’s hard to run 2 tracks so I figured he might be getting rid of Youngstown

weaver658

PR Member
Was a good day of riding. From what I gather, he doesn't want more exposure, the reason for limited advertising.

In the end, track owners run their facility as they like. They put in the work, take the risk and weigh the rewards. Certainly isn't easy.
Why? Trying to keep the neighbors from trying to shut it down I wonder?